Author Topic: gcc 5.3.0  (Read 890 times)

Offline thematic

gcc 5.3.0
« on: December 30, 2015, 05:00:38 PM »
Does Simutrans compile correctly under gcc 5.3.0? I tried to do that on 120.1.1 but the undefined references at linking hint at an incompatibility. But it is the first real program I gave to that version - upgraded from 4.2.4 - so not sure. Both AmigaOS native.
"If I could discover just one of these things - what eternity is, for example - I wouldn't care if they did think I was crazy."

Offline TurfIt

Re: gcc 5.3.0
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 08:29:34 PM »
Probably no one has tried. Unresolved references to Simutrans files? or dependent libraries? IIRC there's been a change to calling convention necessitating all libraries to be recompiled...

Offline DrSuperGood

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 04:01:13 AM »
As far as I know GCC does not automatically change language features unless you explicitly tell it to using flags. Otherwise there would be a rather annoying destructor parameter syntax error (as happens in MSVC 2015 unless you use a hacky flag to disable the language feature).

A good place to start would be to rebuild all dependant libraries using the newer version of GCC. Hopefully these should be as simple as typing make and then moving the produced files.

Offline thematic

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 01:29:32 PM »
A good place to start would be to rebuild all dependant libraries using the newer version of GCC. Hopefully these should be as simple as typing make and then moving the produced files.
Thanks. I used old libraries so I will try the smart thing.
"If I could discover just one of these things - what eternity is, for example - I wouldn't care if they did think I was crazy."