Author Topic: Pak128 Scenario Tutorial  (Read 6428 times)

Offline Yona-TYT

Re: Pak128 Scenario Tutorial
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2017, 01:07:57 AM »
2.B: "if the road under the tank is electrified", tank != depot !
It is fixed.

2.D: Editing the schedule, if I remove a stop from the list, it stays "OK" in the tutorial window.
I've improved a bit, but it's not possible to be perfect.
2.F.6/7: Set the last stop at 100% but the tutorial does not take to the next step although it took to the next step after closing the schedule window and dispatching the bus. I don't know how to reproduce this.
If you advance after pressing the start button, I have added more information here. ;)
3.B: Still needs to specify that track tools are in railroad toolbar.
What do you think of this ?: "Select" Railroad Tools "from the toolbar and choose the track tool to connect the two points between {w1} and {w2}.

"
3.D: A small paragraph to tell the player how to know if a station accepts goods or anything else would be nice, something like "To know if a station accepts goods, let your cursor on the button and a tooltip pops up. A whole station accepts goods if at least one of its buildings does."
Ok.

3.F: Would it be possible to hide elevated tracks buttons in this step ? Confusion with bridges is likely to happen.
The id of the tracks and the elevated tracks are the same, not with us another way of differentiating them I am afraid.

3.H: The piece of track prebuilt on the steep slope is, in itself, a glitch but is not necessary to start the tunnel, everything would work great without it.
The problem is that the track and the entrance of the tunnel are not automatically logged when the track belongs to the public service.

3.H.2/5: Should mention that "lowering the terrain" here means using the down flat artificial slope tool in the landscaping tools. A paragraph explaining how to use these tools to lower or raise underground tracks would be helpful.
That can be explained very well using images (I still hope that the patch is incorporated).

During the whole tutorial, player can do stuff unrelated to the tutorial and is likely to break the tutorial at any point (nobody knows how a beginner thinks :p ). Would it be possible to implement things so that a player can only do the expected action ? I mean, instead of forbiding any other actions we can think of, forbid anything that is not a precise action ? That would make coding the scenario much easier and the scenario itself will be much more resistant to bugs.
Without doubts that yes, but this is not implemented in the script, nor do I believe that some developer willing to implement it I fear. :-[

Offline Yona-TYT

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2017, 02:43:14 AM »
Here is another version to continue extending the list. :P

Scenario: tutorial-v4.5.zip

Most changes are for Chapter 2.

Changes:
[Chapter 2] New step that allows to start three vehicles.
[Chapter 2] "LIAZ 677" buses are now being used.
Some corrections in the texts.

Capture:

Offline gauthier

« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »
I noticed that you made player unable to pause the game, nice :p

Chapter 2 [1/3][4,5,6,7,8,9,10] : are all the same instruction.
Chapter 2 [1/3][11] : At the end, there are only two stops in the line, no point of using "copy backward".
Chapter 2 [1/3][12] : At closing the schedule window, I get an error popup about a waypoint not in place. The line remains empty after that.
Chapter 2 [1/3] : "when all vehicles are in circulation." what "all" vehicles ? There's no instruction about buying several ones or copying the one I bought.

Stuck there.

I'm confused as I often run into problems like this, and please forgive me if I get a little offensive ... do you actually test your scenario before uploading it ?

Offline Yona-TYT

« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2017, 08:26:47 PM »
Chapter 2 [1/3][4,5,6,7,8,9,10] : are all the same instruction.
It is fixed.

Chapter 2 [1/3][11] : At the end, there are only two stops in the line, no point of using "copy backward".
I do not understand, why not use this button? ... It seems useful to me that the vehicle travels all the stops to the return. ???

Chapter 2 [1/3][12] : At closing the schedule window, I get an error popup about a waypoint not in place. The line remains empty after that.
I can not replicate its error, in fact I have tried many times and nothing.
Try updating your version of simutrans, and try again.
I would also like to check out a savegame.

Chapter 2 [1/3] : "when all vehicles are in circulation." what "all" vehicles ? There's no instruction about buying several ones or copying the one I bought.
Stuck there.
In this step try to teach to use the lines, it is not allowed to copy the vehicles so that the player is forced to use the lines. What you should do is buy a vehicle, assign the line you just created and start it.
I thought this was a good idea, but if you do not think so then I change it.

I'm confused as I often run into problems like this, and please forgive me if I get a little offensive ... do you actually test your scenario before uploading it ?

Offended? No, not at all, but I'm happy that somebody help me to test this, since this scenario is extremely complicated.

The truth is I have to do a lot of testing before releasing a new version, but for some reason some errors always escape.  :o