News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Devel-new builds

Started by Ves, April 14, 2016, 04:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

The Devel-new builds upload is now stopped!
As James have managed to create proper nigthly builds, there is no longer any point in me uploading more of these builds. I will, however, continue to create them, just not upload them, so if you by any means need a special commit, we can arrange that. The link will still be active, making the current builds accessible for download.

Nightly builds page:
http://bridgewater-brunel.me.uk/downloads/nightly/

----

There have been some requests around to upload compiled versions of the upcoming version of Experimental.

These executables are compiled from a snapshot based on the current code and might contain severe bugs. Also, I might have compiled the game in the "middle" of a new feature being implemented, so some functionality exist while other dont exist, potentially making the game unplayable. If you are having troubble with one version, try one of the other versions.
Be aware that the base folder occasionally gets updated as well, so keeping it up to date may also solve some issues.
Remember that this is a work in progress and also that the balance, pakset compatibility or features may be changed without notice.
These builds are in no way an official Experimental release, and are only uploaded for people unable to compile, to get a view.

Also, any savegames saved with any of these versions might not load on other versions. Old savegames (from "original" simutrans Experimental) are probably not supported at all and used at own risk.

provided are also a makeobj which you must use to compile the pakset.
Read the Readme.txt to learn how to install.

http://server.exp.simutrans.com/Devel-new-builds/

Edit: updated about nightly builds

jamespetts

Splendid, thank you for that.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

waerth

First of all GREAT! Thank you from the bottom of my processor!

Still to be used with the old pakset 0.9.1 ????

Me and compiling has always be troublesome .....

Waerth

jamespetts

It can be used with 0.9.1, but there are sources for a new 0.9.2 (still under development and changing frequently) which make use of new features in both Standard and Experimental, inducing double/half heights.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

killwater

From th player point of view definitely 0.9.2 should be used. I tried playing 0.9.1 and I only remember that it was pointless until I got 0.9.2. It works though just not well.

Ves

Most welcome :)
I did not include a compiled pakset in the Dropbox folder as it is quite big in size (Im running on the freeware Dropbox). Also it is much more frequently updated, so people might want to update their pakset way more frequently than I can upload them.
However I have included a compiled makeobj that can be used to compile the pakset and there are instructions inside the dropboxfolder pointing towards a forum thread explaining how to pak the pakset. If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask :)

Ves

I have updated the dropboxfolder with a build I made today along with a new makeobj. Be aware that some of the basefiles also are updated and you probably need them as well to make the newest build run. Probably the easiest way to do that is to download the entire folder again, replacing the old.

Enjoy! :)

Carl

Are some new config files needed too? The most recent two of these fails with ERROR: loadsave_t::start_tag() - expected "env_t", got  "umgeb[untypable characters here]"

Ves

Yes, you should be needing the new simuconf.tab. Does it not work with the new one?

Carl

My bad, I just downloaded the executable. Should have read the readme! :)

Ves

Ves

Apperently, the upper limit of 20gb or 100.000 downloads per day is hit on my dropbox folder making the dropbox unusable! Consider that the entire folder containing the builds, the basefiles along with a complete pakset is taking up 313mb on my harddrive, that is a good amount of downloads! Experimental really deserves huge attention :)

Obviously something else than dropbox is needed in order to keep making these devel new builds. Thinking of Github?

jamespetts

Interesting. Perhaps I could give you uploading access to the Bridgewater-Brunel server?

Ves

That could work! Do I need any special programs in order to upload to that server?

DrSuperGood

Apperently, the upper limit of 20gb or 100.000 downloads per day is hit on my dropbox folder making the dropbox unusable! Consider that the entire folder containing the builds, the basefiles along with a complete pakset is taking up 313mb on my harddrive, that is a good amount of downloads! Experimental really deserves huge attention
20,000 / 313 = ~64
As such it is being downloaded at most 64 times per day. Which I guess is alright for something developer level but sounds like it could be the result of robots.

Bridgewater-Brunel server
Does anyone still play on the multiplayer server running on that?

Vladki

Ves

I guess you are right that 64 downloads per day not nessecarily are very much, but consider that there are not that many people (as in thousandfold) taking part in the forum and that the 313 mb is for the entire folder. I would guess that the executables them self are the most popular (no way to see that in Dropbox) and those are only around 2 mb, so the number of downloads could still be considerably higher.

QuoteI can give you ssh access to server.exp.simutrans.com
It might be a good idea to have the builds together with the servergame! what program do I need to upload files to your server?

Vladki

Quote from: Ves on August 23, 2016, 05:04:50 PM
It might be a good idea to have the builds together with the servergame! what program do I need to upload files to your server?
Either SSH/SCP/SFTP or classic old FTP. My favorite client for these is WinSCP.net

Ves

So, thanks to Vladki for the serverspace, the builds are up and running again!

New link: http://server.exp.simutrans.com/Devel-new-builds/

jamespetts

Ahh, splendid, thank you to Vladki!

Milko

Vladki

Thanks go to isaac in the first place for providing the server

kittens45

how do I download the entire dev file as a whole

Vladki

What do you mean by "dev file" ?

Ves

I think he means the entire folder which contains everything. watching the stuf on the server in the browser only allows you to download one thing at a time. I dont know how to download multiple stuff at once without a program. The program I use, which was recommended by Vladki, works great but I dont know how to connect without a login (ie it wont allow me to connect if I dont type login details).

kittens45

Ves

Vladki

Anonymous SCP access is not possible.

However you do not need everything from the web. There are two zip files. One with pakset, another with all other files needed. Once you have these two, you only need the latest executable for your platform (widows or linux). When you update, you just replace the excutable and/or pakset.

Ves

Ok great to know, then it is completely useless that I also putted the entire folder (unzipped) to the server. For ease of access, can I move the zip files to inside the devel-new-build folder?

Ves

The folder is replaced with a zip-file containing the same things as the folder did. Just download that and extract it in order to get the base files! Read the README.txt :)

Vladki

Perhaps just renaming the devel-new-builds folder to windows-builds would be more appropriate. There's nothing else on the whole server that devel-new build.
And by the way, server is updated, all versions (server, linux, windows) are in sync - based on the same commit.

Ves

Since the link to the builds is spread out through the forum, changing the name now would probably just cause confusion. Maybe if you also put your builds in that folder and name it to LINUX, then I can put WIN on my versions?

However, I have hesitated a bit lately to upload new versions as I have problems with compiling a working makeobj. They compile fine, but when I run them, they produce no working pakset. I suspect it be because of incorrect OpenTTD version, the one I have used previously has been version 3.1. But now, when trying to use the resulting makeobj, it only produce pakfiles with 1kb data.
When using version 6.0, the result is the same. Which version are you using?

edit Forgot to mention that the newest BUILD is on the server!

jamespetts

Ahh, this is, I suspect, an issue with libpng. I did think that I had fixed this in the code a few commits ago, however, by allowing it to use an older version of libpng. Do you want to try it again?

Ves

I tried with the latest git commit but it makes no difference. Makeobj compiles, but when using the makeobj, only 1kb pakfiles. I have also tried DrSupergoods suggestion of upgrading the file. Which version are you using?