News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Save crash after a few seconds

Started by ms61, August 21, 2016, 04:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms61

Hello people!

I play on simutrans 112.3 SDL and pak128.

My latest savegame suddenly keeps crashing after loading. Basically I load the save and a few seconds after the game crashes showing me an APPCRASH error.

I would like to use the log and debug command lines but I just can't seem to make it work.

Do I simply put -log 1 -debug 3 after simutrans on my simutrans.exe launcher such as simutrans -log 1 -debug 3.exe?

So far I tried this method and nothing works, I have no log file on the My Documents/Simutrans folder and other command line don't work too (I tried with the -res 1) but the resolution stays the same as in the simuconf file of my pak128 folder....

Thank you in advance for the advices!

ms61

Frank

Quote from: ms61 on August 21, 2016, 04:29:38 PM
Do I simply put -log 1 -debug 3 after simutrans on my simutrans.exe launcher such as simutrans -log 1 -debug 3.exe?

simutrans.exe -log 1 -debug 3

ms61

But then how do I launch simutrans, as its not considered an executable program anymore?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: ms61 on August 21, 2016, 06:18:59 PM
But then how do I launch simutrans, as its not considered an executable program anymore?

I'm a Linux guy these days, so I'm a bit rusty on Windows. You mention a "launcher". Is this a shortcut? If so, in the properties of the shortcut, there's a text field for parameters - or it might be called something else. I forget.

If that doesn't help - you can always open up CLI and run Simutrans that way. Start → Run → "cmd". Change to where Simutrans is installed and run it from the command line. If you're not familiar with CLI, reply here and one of us will try to walk you through it.

Although if this is Steam, that might also make a difference.

ms61

Thank you for your reply Isaac.

I'm talking about the simutrans.exe in the simutrans folder.

However I can try to do the CLI method if I have some guidelines.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

To run an executable with parameters requires making a shortcut and adding them there, or to run the executable in CLI.

Once you run "cmd", type "cd \directory\names\go\here" to get to the directory in which Simutrans is installed. Then simply run the command with the parameters: "simutrans.exe -log 1 -debug 3"

Ters

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 21, 2016, 08:09:35 PM
Once you run "cmd", type "cd \directory\names\go\here" to get to the directory in which Simutrans is installed.

Or hold down shift while bringing up the popup menu for the directory Simutrans is in, and selecting "Open command prompt here". (Or whatever it is in the various translations. I might not have gotten the English one right.)

ms61

Thank you very much Ters your instruction worked, I was able to open simutrans with the command line and get a simu.log file which hopefully explains why my save is crashing now after everything went well before.

So as I explained earlier, the latest savegame i'm using crashes a few seconds after loading everytime, however everything was ok until today.

It only happens on this particular.

I'm running Simutrans 112.3 SDL with Pak 128 on windows 7 64-bit

Here is my log file, so if someone could analyze it to detect what is wrong with the savegame?

Thanks in advance!

ms61

DrSuperGood

The log does not really seem that helpful. Would it be possible to upload the save and explain how to reproduce the crash?

ms61

Here is my savegame:

[link deleted]

Basically when you load the save, look at the time, when it reaches between 11:10 and 11:20 the game stops and I have an APPCRASH error message asking me to force close simutrans or find a solution online.....

It only started happening yesterday and I didn't do anything particular on this save other than creating a new busline and adding buses which are similar to those used on the existing lines.

I have another savegame with a much bigger network and huge bus/train/tram fleet on the map and they are running very smoothly, so I don't think its related to the sheer number of vehicles as they are lower than my biggest map...

Thanks in advance for all the help guys!

ms61

Ters

It appears that you have some add-ons. Without these, I can't load the game.

ms61

Thank you for your reply Ters,

Actually I managed to make the save work again.

I loaded the save, then paused the game and I removed all the buses I assigned to the last line I created and then unpaused the game. Then it went smoothly past the point where the game usually crashes.

Afterwards I reassigned buses to the same bus line and here too it didn't cause any sort of crash.

So maybe it was something related to the vehicles, the schedule or simply an error with the calculations by the game?

Anyway, thanks everyone for the help!

ms61

DrSuperGood

So maybe it was something related to the vehicles, the schedule or simply an error with the calculations by the game?
If we could re-create the crash then we could find out and fix it!