News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[Tutorial] I can not build a tunnel

Started by Yona-TYT, October 10, 2016, 01:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

For some reason I can not build a tunnel here.

Scenario: Tutorial-ch3.zip
Savegame: Tutorial3.sve

DrSuperGood

There is a rail on that slope. The rail is only a single height incline rail and it is on a double height slope (bug, should not be possible/allowed). Tunnel entrances are not allowed on single height inclines hence a tunnel entrance cannot be built.

To build a tunnel entrance in pak128 using rails, or any other ways which only support single height inclines, one has to build the tunnel on a clear double height incline and then drag the way to the tunnel mouth to form a connection.

Yona-TYT

@DrSuperGood

I do not think that's the problem, I tried without the script and it works well, also remove the rails and the message is the same.
Something very strange is happening here.

Tjoeker

Tunnels need to start on double height slopes, not a single height. ;)
As everything needs a clearence of 2 heights in simutrans, otherwise half of the tunnel would stick out...

Spenk009

Check that the other end of the tunnel is a slope that is at the correct height and steepness for an exit/entrance to be built. The solution to your issue is to hold CTRL while constructing the tunnel entrance to only build an entrance.

Yona-TYT

I solved the problem was that the the other side of the tunnel trying changed the ground, but this tool is restricted.

The solution  is simply modify the savegame so that in the tunnel is not generate a terraforming to the other end. ;)

DrSuperGood

The solution  is simply modify the savegame so that in the tunnel is not generate a terraforming to the other end.
So was this a scripting issue or a game mechanics issue?

One can start tunnels as Spenk009 suggested. This gives full control over exit placement.

Yona-TYT

@DrSuperGood
Actually it was my mistake, I did not know that the terraforming of the tunnels was detected by "is_work_allowed_here".  :o

@Dwachs
if you want you can eliminate this theme.

Dwachs

Quote from: Yona-TYT on October 11, 2016, 12:51:41 AM
Actually it was my mistake, I did not know that the terraforming of the tunnels was detected by "is_work_allowed_here".  :o
I did not know that either.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.