News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

[devel-new-2] transhipment times

Started by Onion Bargee, December 12, 2016, 08:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bargee

Hello!

I have a problem with a new game I have started with devel-new-2, compiled yesterday, and was wondering if I have run into a bug or am doing something wrong?

I have a set of industry chains with one colliery serving two coal merchants, as laid out diagramatically below:

(barge)                (cart)
Colliery ---------------> Port -----------> Coal merchant 1
                              \
                               \   (brig)             (cart)
                                ----------> port  -------------> coal merchant 2

The coal supply to coal merchant 1 is working as I would expect, barges unload coal from the colliery, which after about an hour of game time appears at the port and is carted to the coal merchant.
Coal to coal merchant 2, however, disappears for about 6 months between being unloaded from the barge and appearing at the port to be loaded onto the brig. 
The result of this is that coal merchant 1 is consuming about 50-100 units of coal every month, wheras 2 recieves about 140 units once every 6 months or so, sitting idle 8 months of the year.

How can I get coal merchant 2 running at capacity?

Also, what is the relationship between the "Max x units a month" in the industry information window and actual consumption?  The coal merchants claim "max 18 units a month" and are consuming up to 100 units of coal per month.

Running on linux if that is relevant.

Thanks.

jamespetts

Thank you for posting. The transshipment times have only recently been implemented, and on the face of it six months (even assuming six game months rather than six months' worth of game hours) seems excessive and might be an error.

Are you able to upload your saved game so that I can test to see whether there is a problem?

Also, welcome to the forums!
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Onion Bargee

Sorry for the slow reply; I've been away for Christmas and have'nt had access to the internet.
I've uploaded the save here

The problematic coal merchant is the one in Charingstead.   

And I do mean 6 in game months rather than 6 months' worth of game hours

Onion Bargee

Hi James,

I have compiled simutrans-extended again and this seems to be fixed now.

Thanks for all the work you put into Simutrans-extended!