News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

One train staff, train changes signalling method after reverting at station

Started by Jando, May 11, 2017, 01:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Hello James and others!

I see a train operating under one train staff switching to absolute block signalling method after correctly reverting at a station. This station is the 2nd station on a single line dead end track and has no signalling or other signs.

Here is a saved game where I can observe that behaviour: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/nC8GrNKPItFd7Zy
Here is a screenshot of what you see when you load the above game: http://files.simutrans.com/index.php/s/iHMAJcPKgSTee74

You see train #6 operating under one train staff pulling into station Beltwell Power Station South to offload some cargo before continuing to the next and final station Beltwell Power Station East. From there the train will return to the colliery to wait for new cargo. This single dead end track splits up from a single track mainline (marked in red on screenshot because another train, train #1, is just travelling west on that mainline. The dead end track has one token block signal to guard the re-entry of trains into the mainline (that is operated by token block) and a one train staff cabinet. So far all is well.

What happens next is that train #6 will pull into the station, unload cargo and then continue to Beltwell Power Station East where the train will unload the rest of it's cargo and reverse for the journey back. After reversing train #6 however will switch into absolute block signalling method. That leads to all sorts of funny things, because the train will travel under absolute block to the one train staff cabinet where it's supposed to drop it's staff but will instead pick-up a staff now. At the token block signal it will briefly switch to token block again before switching to one train staff again on the token block mainline.

jamespetts

I think that I have managed to fix this. Would you be able to re-test? I should be grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Thanks James, you are fast! Will test tomorrow after the nightly build. In the meantime I will earn more money with my growing fleet of coal trains. :)

Jando

Thank you, James. No further problem found with one train staff on my network.