News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Game keeps crashing

Started by DumperJumper, March 16, 2017, 03:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DumperJumper

Dear Transport Business Entrepreneurs,

I got a really annoying problem with Simutrans. When I generate a new World, I can play some time, maybe set up a first Route and then the Game just freezes until I forcefully close it.

Things I have yet tried to fix that:

• Switching from the Steam Version to the Standalone.
  • Using diffrent paksets:

•     pak64
    •     pak128
  • Reinstalling
  • Using the SDL Version (With the Steam Version)

Annyone got any Ideas why this is occuring or how to fix it?
I would really appreciate it because I might have to switch to OpenTDD otherwise and I dont really want to do that.

Best Wishes
DumperJumper

Ichou

QuoteI dont see how this could help me
It says try r8131(nightly) version.
It might solve the problem.

Ters

This issue and the one Frank linked to does indeed look completely unrelated. Trying a nightly might indeed be a good idea when there is nothing to lose, but it does require manual installation which is not something everyone knows how to do.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what may be causing this. We could need some more information such as the details of the system Simutrans is attempted run on, as well as the particular version of Simutrans, since there have been a couple of releases recently.

DumperJumper

Quote from: Ters on March 17, 2017, 06:39:06 AM
This issue and the one Frank linked to does indeed look completely unrelated. Trying a nightly might indeed be a good idea when there is nothing to lose, but it does require manual installation which is not something everyone knows how to do.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what may be causing this. We could need some more information such as the details of the system Simutrans is attempted run on, as well as the particular version of Simutrans, since there have been a couple of releases recently.

No Problem, here are some System Specs:

• CPU: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Yes, im ashamed of that)

And some Simutrans Information:

• Version: 120.2.1 Feb 26 2017 r8121 (debug)
  • Pakset (preferred): Pak128 2.6
  • Language: German

If you need anything more, besides my credit card information, just tell me.
I indeed dont know how it install a nightly build, but ill look for some tutorial.

Ters

It does however sound a bit like http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=16692.0 Does the game eventually quit if you click the X in the upper right?

DumperJumper

I will have to reproduce the error for that, which takes a few mins playing. So ill be building some basic train route. Ill post when I got the error xD

btw. my world generator acts weird last times. It often generates maps where half off all businesses are of the same kind. THis one I just generated looks ok to me but it still has a quite high amount of coalmines or is it just me?

1024x1024 500 Industries

Vladki

Wow, that is quite dense... Would you try a map that has fewer factories, just to see if the game is more stable?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Isaac Eiland-Hall

It may just be too large of a map with too many industries. I'd definitely go with fewer factories.

That said, coal can be common simply because of power stations, if nothing else.

DumperJumper

Quote from: Ters on March 17, 2017, 05:40:01 PM
It does however sound a bit like http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=16692.0 Does the game eventually quit if you click the X in the upper right?

Aight it happened. Right after I created a new map with fewer Factories. This is how it looks:

The Window just turn white-ish, and the X cant be clicked. But when I click anywhere in the window, this appears

Which is basically this, just for Simutrans and in german:

DumperJumper

Quote from: Vladki on March 17, 2017, 08:43:20 PM
Wow, that is quite dense... Would you try a map that has fewer factories, just to see if the game is more stable?

Tried with 300 Factories on a 1024x1024

And this is with 200 Factories

The Problem seems to get worse with fewer factories.
Also I noticed that every 2nd city is called 'simcity'

Isaac Eiland-Hall

QuoteAlso I noticed that every 2nd city is called 'simcity'

You've run out of citynames in that pak, which should be an indication of how much you're asking the game to do. It might not be related to the crash, but certainly it may well be a contributing cause.

Out of curiosity, I wonder if you get a crash on a map of, say, 128x128 in size with like 8 cities. A lot smaller than you'd want to play, but it would at least eliminate a large size being the cause...