Great idea Ves. I often struggle to find out which train has some forgotten reservation.
Me to, hence the idea to this patch!
I cannot get my head to wrap around the ::draw section of the code. When that is included, the button does not work and the entire point with it is gone, as well as it does not update reliably.
Would you mind if I completely amend that, and the button will stay visible all the time? I think that with some practice from other parts of the code, I can revisit this at a later day to make it function correctly.edit:
But appart from that, I think that the reservation section is finish. It currently looks like this:
What is new/changed:
* Name and button to the vehicle
* The current working method of the train
* What type of reservation, HOWEVER, only if it is not normal reservation (called "Block" reservation). Reasons for its exclusion is that it felt too obvious and also it could be misguiding. Ie, time interval has no "blocks", neither do drive by sight.
* If the reservation type is "Directional reservation", the direction in which the track is reserved is also shown.
* Distance to vehicle, along with its current speed and current direction. I included the speed to easier see if the train was operating, and its current heading to give the player an approximation from which direction it will come (as it is only the directional reservation that will show the direction of reservation otherwise). I think it should be clear the way the last three bits of information is presented?
AND, the button is visible at all times!
If you like it, you can pull from here: https://github.com/VictorErik/Simutrans-Experimental-Ves/tree/track-finds-reservationtrains
Otherwise, tell me what I can do better!
I would also like to rearrange some of the information in the rest of the dialog also if you dont mind?
Additional usefull information could be:
which directions it has
Maybe a text that tells you if you may use the way (because of restrictions from other player)
Some more suggestions?