News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Strange behavior with absolute block stationsignals and token block signals

Started by Ves, March 19, 2017, 08:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

As the title suggest, I am experiencing some strange behavior between absolute block station signal and token block signals.

When you open the savegame, you should find a line with two trains.

(1) When a train enter the "Konga South Station", it drives extremely slowly onto the platform.
(2) At "Ölme East station" some very strange reservations is happening: Train tends to get stuck on the platform, reserving the first and last tile.
(3) The trains appears in some cases to not choose a free platform when the primary one is occupied. Only saw this at the termini, not the intemediate stop.
(4) The trains dont want to get out of the token block working method before reversing.

You need the latest Swedish pakset from Github
http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Strange_behavior_mix_between_token_block_and_absolute_block_and_station_signals.sve

A note: I cannot rule out that the issues happening in the game is not due to me programming the signals wrongly in some order, but I think I did everything right.

Edit:
Also,(5)  if you add a new convoy on a new schedule that stop at all 4 stations on the map, it will revert to drive by sight after stopping at "Väderstad Se_townhall Station".

jamespetts

There were quite a few separate issues here, so I am not entirely sure whether I have managed to find them all (especially no. 3), but I think that I have fixed at least most of these. Would you be able to re-test? I should be very grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

(1) - Fixed!
(2) - Fixed, But: the strange reservations still occurs under the east going trains on the station. The trains, however, appears to be unaffected and no deadlocks occur. So until further notice: Fixed!
(3) - Fixed!
(4) - Fixed!
(5) - This is still working very fishy. I will have to construct a new savegame to illustrate what is happening here I think.

----
However, there are also some new issues:
(6) The T-signal at "Konga South Station" dont revert to Danger when the train has arrived at the platform. The info window say "Caution east" which is wrong (should be west) when a train is arriving at the station. When departing, the state says "unknown east"
(7) The T-signal at "Ödsmål East Station" dont react at all to the arriving and departing trains. Its info window says tells the state is "unknown" when a train has reserved onto the station and "Danger" when no train have reserved a platform.

jamespetts

A recent fix has improved working when transitioning between token and absolute block signalling; can you test whether this bug is still present? I should be most grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.