News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

paper mill

Started by acki, October 06, 2009, 08:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acki

Hi,

simutrans 102.1 recently built a printing factory and a bookshop;
so in order to make the chain work i have to supply the printing factory with ink and with paper.
but for some reason i can't build a paper mill...
does anyone know why?

Thanks,

Jan

Erniii

check the "ignore climate types" box in the "factorybuilder" menu while playing as the public player

acki

Hello, thanks.
well that worked;
now the only thing is that for some reason the chain isn't working;
I deliver wood, but it just stays on the train;
and the paper mill isn't producing anything...

does anyone know what the problem might be?
thanks.

Fox92

you need other goods to factory

;D

Mod note: No necessary doing double-posts. Edit your post instead.
-Igor
Visitem esse Blog-----> http://www.falandocomasparedes.co.cc/

acki

Thanks. But what does that mean?
I am sending all necessary goods to the plant.
But for some reason the connections between the paper mill and the suppliers and customers aren't shown in the plant specs and those of the suppliers...

DirrrtyDirk

Well, did also connect the industries or did you just build the paper mill?

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Colin

Quote from: acki on October 11, 2009, 08:01:32 PM
Thanks. But what does that mean?
I am sending all necessary goods to the plant.
But for some reason the connections between the paper mill and the suppliers and customers aren't shown in the plant specs and those of the suppliers...

You need to 'Connect' the industries using the 'Special Tools Menu' It's the tool next to the 'Factory Build' tool.

Hope that explains it for you.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

acki

thanks. I didn't know... I thought it does that automatically.
Well I connected the factories, and the tree plantation also lists the paper mill as consumer,
but for some reason the cargo train stop next to it only lists goods for other factories,
but not for the paper mill. So the train remains empty...

Colin

Quote from: acki on October 11, 2009, 09:37:20 PM
thanks. I didn't know... I thought it does that automatically.
Well I connected the factories, and the tree plantation also lists the paper mill as consumer,
but for some reason the cargo train stop next to it only lists goods for other factories,
but not for the paper mill. So the train remains empty...

The Paper Mill is a consumer of Timber. Your cargo train MUST have Timber/Log transporters  or nothing will be picked up.
The connection of Factories is only automatic if they are built by the AI. If you build them yourself you must connect them. Also, the AI may not connect all of the factories, unless you set "The chance to cross connect factories" to 100% in the Config.tab
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.