News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Debian/Ubuntu packages for paksets

Started by ansgar, December 19, 2009, 01:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ansgar

Hi,

I have set up a repository with .deb packages for several paksets:

• simutrans-pak128.britain 1.05
  • simutrans-pak.german 0.102.2.1
  • simutrans-pak128 1.4.5
  • simutrans-pak192.comic 0.1.9
  • simutrans-pak64-addon-food 102.2.1
  • simutrans-pak96.comic 0.4.6

It is possible to either download the packages by hand from http://www.43-1.org/~simutrans/packages.html, or add the repository to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.43-1.org/~simutrans/packages/ unstable main non-free

and (optionally) import the signing key via

wget -O - http://www.43-1.org/~simutrans/packages-key.gpg | apt-key add -

The packages should work on both Debian and Ubuntu.  Please report any problems.

Note: Adding the repository to sources.list might not work on amd64 for now as I did configure something wrong for that.  Will probably try to fix that later.

Regards,
Ansgar

EDIT: Updated pak.german.

jamespetts

Ansgar,

excellent work! Any chance of getting Pak128.Britain-Ex for Simutrans-Experimental, too?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Frank

Quote from: ansgar on December 19, 2009, 01:54:25 PM

• simutrans-pak.german 0.102.2

last version is 0.102.2.1

I added a fixed forestrules.tab

FIX: generating too much forest

ansgar

Quote from: jamespetts on December 19, 2009, 02:01:32 PM
Any chance of getting Pak128.Britain-Ex for Simutrans-Experimental, too?
Simutrans-experimental does probably not look in /usr/share/games/simutrans for paksets? If not, there is no use for packages.  They only ease installation to this system-wide location. (Note: Debian's version of simutrans has a patch to look there.)

Quote from: Frank on December 19, 2009, 02:12:30 PM
last version is 0.102.2.1
Thanks, I updated the package.

Ansgar

jamespetts

Quote from: ansgar on December 19, 2009, 02:23:18 PM
Simutrans-experimental does probably not look in /usr/share/games/simutrans for paksets? If not, there is no use for packages.  They only ease installation to this system-wide location. (Note: Debian's version of simutrans has a patch to look there.)

I haven't changed Simutrans-Experimental's code for checking pakset locations from that of Simutrans-Standard. Do you think that you could send me the code so that I could integrate that function into Simutrans-Experimental, at least, the Linux version using precompiler directives?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jonasbb

Hello ansgar,
that´s great that we have now an repository for other sets.
[offtopic]Might it be possible to include these .deb files in the non-free part of Ubuntu/Debian?[/offtopic]

Could you also include in this repository the newest ST version? Because in Ubuntu there are allways old versions.

Frank

Quote from: jonasbb on December 19, 2009, 03:01:27 PM
... Because in Ubuntu there are allways old versions.

this is not correct

repository added version 0.102.2

see http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=simutrans

version 0.102.2.1 is out for 9 days

ansgar

Quote from: jamespetts on December 19, 2009, 02:30:59 PM
Do you think that you could send me the code so that I could integrate that function into Simutrans-Experimental, at least, the Linux version using precompiler directives?
Sure, it is available from git.debian.org.
But after applying it, simutrans won't look for data in the program directory any longer, only in /usr/share/games/simutrans.  So it is only useful if applied to the packaged version of Simutrans.

Quote from: jonasbb on December 19, 2009, 03:01:27 PM
[offtopic]Might it be possible to include these .deb files in the non-free part of Ubuntu/Debian?[/offtopic]

Could you also include in this repository the newest ST version? Because in Ubuntu there are allways old versions.
There is no statement from the copyright holder that redistribution is allowed, so it cannot be distributed by Debian/Ubuntu (not even in the non-free section).
I will not upload packages for the simutrans binary and pak64 to this repository.  They wouldn't be more current than the version included in Debian unstable anyway.  If you want to install a more recent version of simutrans on the latest stable release of Ubuntu, there are packages available from the pkg-games PPA.

Ansgar

prissi

pak128.britain should at least has a GPL notice somewhere, and the food addon is under artistic licnece (as the whole pak64 SVN). These two would be compatible with Debian, licencewise.

pakHAJO, pak96, pak128, and pak192 are non-free at the moment. For pak128 there are active efforts to change this, but for know they are closed source. pakHAJO and pak128 allow redistirbution in binary form, similar to the original licence of simutrans.

pak96 and pak192 have not licence as far as I know.

jamespetts

As of Simutrans-Experimental 7.2, the program will check for simuconf.tab and settings-experimental.xml in the standard location first, and, if it cannot find it there, switch to the standard Debian directory and try to find them there, switching back to the ordinary directory if they are not there either.