News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Trying to connect an end tunnel to a road in surface

Started by IgorEliezer, September 15, 2008, 10:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IgorEliezer

Hi,

I know to build a road, a tunnel entrance and a little road network starting from tunnel entrance in underground mode. But I don't know how to connect an end tunnel to a normal road in surface.

Also I would like to know if it's possible to change tunnel pavement. I don't like a tunnel paved with cobblestone. :-\

Thanks, :)

DirrrtyDirk

The first tile "behind" the new entrance needs to be free. You have built your tunnel one tile too far - so the new tunnel gets blocked by the existing one. Just remove the last tile, then it should be possible to build the new entrance, and then you'd only have to connect the two - et voila, it should be done.

About the pavement: currently it uses the same object as for the sidewalks on city-roads.
I just came along the same question today, and I was wondering if I should post an extension request for tunnels to get an object for pavement that is independent from sidewalks (or even better: maybe allow one to be specified individually in the tunnel's .dat & .png?)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

IgorEliezer

Worked very well, thanks.

About extension request: You can post an extension request in NEW REQUEST board. Later such topic will be moved to Extension request board.

DirrrtyDirk

I know where to post it - not sure yet if I should.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

IgorEliezer

heh... go ahead. Don't be afraid of denials... ::)

(Sorry for being a bit inconvenient if I'm being...)