News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Call for help - check if objects have correct authors

Started by VS, September 20, 2008, 09:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hello,
the next nightly after this post (tomorrow, Sunday) should finally have fairly consistent author names. That does not warrant that all this information is correct, but a good start.

Currently there are listed 83 unique authors (including author combinations like "Patrick & Fagonella").

Out of all the roughly two thousand objects in set, exactly 340 do not have any information about author.

Please, if you are playing with pak128 nightly and spot some dubious author entries, post them here! And do the same if there is no author mentioned and you know who he was.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

VS

Update:
object count with 100% unknown authorship is down to less than 150 and will drop even more since there are lots of "core" items like light maps, cursors etc.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

VS

So I thought an update would be good to keep the public informed :)

This is output from an automated tool, so the numbers do not reflect the reality absolutely correctly. However it puts things into perspective, even if it's a bit skewed. Example: rmax has a few... factories! Absolutely vital. Propermike on the other hand contributed mostly citycars.

(List removed to save space - see below for newer version)

prissi

Peter J. Dobrovka should be reachable in the 3DTT forum (ocasionally) http://3dtt.novatek.de/user-3.html

Bennhardt is probably loast, contactwise. The name is also not unique enough to find him again.

Trikky agree to use all his stuff (I asked for use for open source). This should be a plus. Same for Mhz(=MHz) as far I I know. And VS are that yourself? SHould be a plus, eh???

mip and timothy should be on the forum: mip is werniman I think, well and timothy (Baldock) is timothy, user 2 on this forum ... http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2

Sindor was Czech, thus you are most qualified to look him up.

VS

Ah, ah, ah... the script is case-sensitive. There was about as much as half of the authors duplicated first, the ones you can see are just residue!

As to contacting these people... what's there to understand, I am lazy :P Plus there is much still in progress - as in waiting for response. Today I even phoned one person.

Better? (If you see any dupes again, please don't stop telling me...)

prissi

As far as I know we have a positive feedback on open source from Tricky and MiP from more than half a year ago. And Timothy is just one pm away, not too lazy for you. ;)

wernieman

I hope you understand my English

VS

Visualization!

The scripts for extracting data are attached:
simuauthors.py is a database of authors - they are meant as those agreed. For other paksets this is probably useless, but the other statistics are still good.
extract-copyright.py is first to be run, creates csv files with lists of objects and authors.
extract-stats.py does the math and constructs google charts url for the pie graph.

mjhn

You can add my name to the list of authors who allow their content to be included in the open source.
(I may even draw something new)

Mark Norman

VS

Thanks! I wouldn't expect people coming here to post their agreement in my wildest dreams. I had to stalk some over the whole internet to get their phone numbers :)

You're more than welcome around again!

VS

I can't get in touch with these people:

Propermike
Rmax500 (Robbe Johnson; it seems these are both surnames)
Teddy
Evil (Michael Tsui)
Tetsui Watanabe

They are authors of items that can be replaced only with difficulty.

...wanted dead or alive! (Alive would be better for this purpose ;) )

prissi

Evil quitted development long long ago 2004 or so. On the chinese simutrans page his address is given by ...

rmax was active on the old forum more or less until the end so there might be hope.

Propermikes Homepage: http://www.props.freeservers.com/simutrans.htm, email: ...
TTD-Forum account (last active Sept 2008, thus pm may reach him there) http://www.tt-forums.net/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8309&sid=51866f1a862cbdceea8333fb2073561d

Note by whoami: e-mail addresses forwarded by PM. Please forgive me. :-[

VS

Ha, I didn't know propermike was on the other forum! That's really good!

Otherwise I already know all the contacts you listed here. Evil's email does not exist any more. Rmax disappeared off the internet but I could maybe, maybe, ask his hosting provider to relay some message (I doubt they would give me any contact information).

Anyway, thanks for finding the information!

04-nov-08

06-nov-08

It seems the only way to get to rmax is either wait or through his former hosting provider.

I started examining the yahoo group - lots of contact info, but probably hopelessly old. Well, one can hope.

prissi

Still, Trikky allowed using all his stuff. SO this is 17 + in your list ... (if you update it).

VS

Update; ? is for these who didn't reply yet.

yoshi

Evil (Michael Tsui) seems to be from Hong Kong and I have found his email address, although I'm not sure if it's still valid...

http://au.geocities.com/nwfb_lv1/download.html

VS

Thanks! That one isn't valid any more, but Karl Cheung is another person without contact.

VS

Good news, Tetsui Watanabe is found :) Bridges are safe...

Does anyone know of Stefan Wuttich aka MiP or Karl Siegemund "Sique"?

PS: Duh, I forgot to sign Trikky again.

General:
--------

Total number of objects...........2042
Number of licensed objects........1315
Number of non-licensed objects.....727
Number of non-attributed objects...225
Number of "system" objects..........65

Authors:
--------

+ Patrick..........................352
+ MHz..............................326
+ Raven............................293
+ Napik............................123
? Propermike.......................108
? Haru..............................55
+ fagonella.........................43
? Monatetsu.........................29
+ Hajo..............................25
- Evil..............................24
- Rmax500...........................24
+ S. Kroytor........................23
+ Shunter...........................23
? Teddy.............................22
+ Vladimir Slavik...................21
+ BlackBox..........................20
- Peter J. Dobrovka.................19
+ yoshi.............................18
- Frans von Nispen..................17
+ Martin............................14
? Reanimator........................14
+ Vitus.............................13
- Cpt. Robert.......................12
+ Pawel.............................12
+ Shorty............................12
+ AvG...............................10
+ DirrrtyDirk.......................10
+ Mark Norman.......................10
+ Sindor............................10
+ Timothy Baldock...................10
- Bennhardt..........................9
? Lukasz Remis.......................9
+ Gelion.............................8
- Trikky.............................8
- Kikin Sharyo.......................7
+ Nabe...............................7
? Timeshock..........................7
- Jan Polacek........................6
+ Joker..............................6
- MiP................................6
- Haguruma...........................5
- HIBARI.............................5
- ?/JP...............................4
+ Flor Wauters.......................4
+ James Starr........................4
+ Kierongreen........................4
- Tobu...............................4
+ Isaac..............................3
- Karl...............................3
- kei................................3
- Nuno...............................3
- p.k.d-rail.........................3
- SHI................................3
- Andreas............................2
- Ben................................2
- ghetem1............................2
- Hinoto.............................2
- Jan Licka / Sindor.................2
+ O. Zarevucky.......................2
- shorty139aj........................2
- 684k...............................1
+ A. Brose...........................1
- Adam Kudlabek......................1
- Boomer.............................1
- Honoto.............................1
- ilike209series.....................1
- J.Sawabushi........................1
- leedsnut...........................1
- Marcel.............................1
- MS.................................1
+ prissi.............................1
- rs.................................1
- SergeS.............................1

Sique

I don't know if this is still relevant, but I am alive and kicking :)