News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Interaction between Passenger & Freight

Started by colonyan, August 05, 2010, 05:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonyan

-summary-
Power line helps grow cities faster(indirectly by accelerating production rate).
Then how would game play if specific industries influenced the
passenger/mail generation rate?
-end summary-

I'm playing around with power line and found it really interesting the fact that,
one chain, power, does influence other chains. Say, this power chain contribute to
faster growth of the cities affected by other chains.
(Maybe power station cities grow too well in the beginning of the game)

Of course, above situation must be designed by pak designer.
Supplier and processor doesn't work fast enough to meet 100% rate of consumer without
power supply.

Expanding this idea, how about if certain specific(not necessary always power) industries
affected the total number of passengers/mail generated.

In the initial state, pax/mail will generated lesser, but with specific industry supply,
they will get generated at normal rate.

Mod note: please make your topic titles more descriptive showing what the topic is treating. Topics with vague titles are easier to be missed.
- Igor

Edit2: changed the title & added summary

skreyola

They do.
Every industry pulls in workers (&mail, if memory serves) from the surrounding towns.
--Skreyola
You can also help translate for your language with SimuTranslator.

colonyan

I see that when town enters any industry building radius for the first time, 33% default
travel demand will be generated for the first time. As more radius city gets into industry
building, city has more destination choice.

What I'm exploring here is the overall passenger/mail generation rate including those who
are destinations are other city building and special building(tourist attraction).

If village a is in radius of coal power station and station is not supplied, city will generate
only say 50% of possible passenger. Thus 1/2 the potential speed of growth from passenger.
As power station gets supplied 100%, city generates at full rate the passengers for maximum
potential growth. This is the simplest example.

Dwachs

To summarize: you propose to make the amount of passenger/mail between towns and cities dependent on the current factory production/consumption?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

colonyan

@Igor
Sorry, I brain was running on low. I will be careful. :)

@Dwachs
Only the consumption.

Assume there is two towns in the map. Town a and b.
There is also one coal plant where town b is affected but plant is not yet supplied.
At this state, passenger/mail(destination:other city building and special building) are generated only
50% of potential maximum for example(in both town a and b).
Passenger/mail generation rate will restored when coal plant is supplied.
If plant is supplied 50%, generation rate will be 75%.
If plant is supplied 100%, generation rate will be 100%.
Data could store for one month for consumption rate and actual new generation rate
could take in effect the next month.

This came idea from where there's more freight being consumed, there's more
economic activity and people will move more.

Obviously, number can be changed. If pak designer/player is not interested one can
put it initial passenger/mail generation rate untouched.

(in contrary passenger/mail departure rate could affect freight consumption rate but
this is another story)