News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Simutrans Logos

Started by An_dz, September 12, 2010, 05:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Those look good :) I had in mind something like the current favicon used with the forum, and with the game executables, but bigger and more 3D. I am really no good with this kind of graphical design, it took me ages to do the TileCutter icons, so I will leave the creativity up to you :)
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.
Why not try playing Simutrans online? See the Game Servers board for details.

An_dz

The new Pak128.CS logo, now with powerlines, and other few tweaks in gradients, colors, layer orders and others...
It doesn't look empty anymore.

The download for SVG, PNG and optimized PNG(black background 256x256 24bits) is in first post.

Václav

Thanks. Now it is really better. But still, electricity receivers are wrong positioned. Back one is positioned right, but not front one. Both receivers are positioned in mirror orientation - like on following photo:

So, please turn front receiver ... and it may be disabled - like on following photo:

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

Done. It's still same version number:

-----

By the way, I've done some pakBrasil logos. We already discussed some of them on the PT forum.

Version 1.0:
Just the official logo changed to match the Brazilian Flag

Version 1.1:
The Brazilian flag with Ipê tree (Trumpet Tree) genre Tabepuia

Version 1.1b:
Alternative version using an idea from IgorEliezer, using the Cristo Redentor

Version 1.2:
Joining both versions 1.1

Version 1.3:
Enlarged the Cristo and the Ipês

Version 1.3b:
One alternative version without the yellow and green part, since some people said that that the hard edges don't look so good.

Version 2.0:
Made a version more stylish.

Václav

Quote from: An_dz on February 27, 2012, 10:07:46 PM
Done. It's still same version number:

An_dz, please, supersede electricity receivers - shape of front one (as is now) should be on back one - and shape of back one should be on front one.

Shape you used is shape of class 350,

locomotive that is very closely similar to class 150 (next photo with activated both receivers)

and the same one from side

It is not true mistake but ... You wrote you used class 150, not class 350. By the way, I found that class 350 is only one locomotive with this arrangement of (modern) receivers.

An_dz

Is this right now?

Edit: I just want to share the iPhone Lauch Image. What do you think? The game looks nice if starting with this image?

Václav

prissi

The iPhone image is nice ... we just need a more current iPhone simutrans version now ;)

Ashley

Quote from: prissi on February 28, 2012, 09:08:08 PM
The iPhone image is nice ... we just need a more current iPhone simutrans version now ;)

Working on it!

I like the launch image, all we need now is an iPhone app icon, and a Mac App icon (the latter more urgently I think).
Use Firefox? Interested in IPv6? Try SixOrNot the IPv6 status indicator for Firefox.

sojo

Quote from: Timothy on February 28, 2012, 09:45:25 PM
I like the launch image, all we need now is an iPhone app icon, and a Mac App icon (the latter more urgently I think).
Which size do you (it) need?
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

An_dz

From my knowledge Mac Lion now can handle icons up to 1024x1024, that I see no reason to have an icon this big. Anyway a vector file is enough.

I still need to create the iPad Lauch screen that's 1024x768, but it's easy and not so important now. The iPhone and iPad icons need around 3 sizes, 114x114, 57x57 and 512x512. But those icons are cut by Apple to make the radius around the square.

Ashley

512x512 for the Mac icon should be fine, it will scale down nicely. Bigger icons are for the forthcoming HiDPI modes which will come in the next couple of years (and if it's a vector image then there won't be any issues). The main graphical constraint for the Mac icon is that it should be slightly 3D, like other icons on the Mac. (There are guidelines here).

Make the iPad launch screen 2048x1536... iPad 3 announcement is just around the corner and I have a hunch that it'll have a screen at that resolution :)

An_dz

Quote from: An_dz on February 27, 2012, 03:02:17 AM
It'll be somewhat difficult, I need to keep the idea, not totally destroying the original concept.
Quote from: Timothy on February 27, 2012, 09:07:01 AM
I had in mind something like the current favicon used with the forum, and with the game executables, but bigger and more 3D.
My creativity ended, think I'll have to keep with the favicon idea. None of my ideas would fit nice, most conflicted with the few objects in the logo.
I've done something so far, I need to add more effects to look 3D.

An_dz

I need your help, what should I do here to make this look more 3D?

sojo

The smoke could be more 3d. A bit white and a bit darker grey.

But it looks very well. :)

An_dz

Ashley

That looks good for the iOS icon :)

An_dz

Here's a Mac icon. Almost square. I got inspired with my latest pakBrazil logo.

sojo

Both are really good. +1 :)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Ashley

Quote from: An_dz on March 11, 2012, 05:28:28 AM
Here's a Mac icon. Almost square. I got inspired with my latest pakBrazil logo.

Any chance you could post a 512x512 pixel version? :)

Edit: And having tried this out on the Mac, if you could make it taller, e.g. more square, it'd really help! :)

Spike

Does someone have a copy of the old Simutrans logo from Seth. C. Triggs? I seem to have lost it ...

An_dz

Quote from: Timothy on March 19, 2012, 11:45:36 PM
Edit: And having tried this out on the Mac, if you could make it taller, e.g. more square, it'd really help! :)
Here's a perfect squared:

I'll post the sources in a few hours.

Ashley

I wonder, what would it look like without the blue sky background?

An_dz

It looks better:

Edit:
Download links:
Mac
iOS

Ashley

Yes, that looks a lot better :)

Edit: Though the tree seems to dominate it a bit now... Hm...

An_dz

Here's a bigger loco:

I already updated the download with the new version.

Fabio

It looks *much* better! the skewed sky was a bit... out of place?

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Hans on March 21, 2012, 09:55:50 AM
Does someone have a copy of the old Simutrans logo from Seth. C. Triggs? I seem to have lost it ...
Is it a very old one with a blue loco, a write bus and a "SIMU" on top? It's in the SVN. But I could send you if you want. :)

Spike

That sounds like the old program icon from Owen Rudge. Seth' logo was a big circle with a cross inside, and the four modes of transportation (air, water, road, rail) in the quadrants. The horizontal bar of the cross had "Simutrans" written in it. It was rather big, I'd guess around 500x500 pixels. I remember pastel yellow as color, but I thinkt here were four pastel hues for the whole logo.

Spike

Yes, that's the one. I once had a color version in a fairly high resolution of that. Seth C. Triggs made it, and I have later made this grayscale, smaller version of it, also did the little 3D shading effect. Would be great to have the original again :)

Ashley

IgorEliezer

Dudes, look at what I found: http://svamcentral.org/simu/

* IgorEliezer echoes from the past.

Spike

Yes, that's it! Thanks a lot Igor, now I can finally continue my work to restore some of the old glory of Simutrans :)