Author Topic: SimuTranslator site  (Read 86508 times)

Offline An_dz

• Web Admin
  • Administrator
  • Helpful: 89
  • D'oh
    • by An_dz
  • Languages: PT, EN, (it, de)
Re: SimuTranslator site
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2016, 05:15:51 PM »
- Open Simutranslator
- Click on "Search Objects and Texts"
- Choose "Help Files" in the first dropdown
- Click "List Objects" button
- Click on one of the listed items
- Look for the edit box for ID (Indonesian) and type
- Click the Save button right below this text area

Offline Frank

« Reply #141 on: February 06, 2016, 11:35:12 PM »
all set maintainter

please adjust the settings of their sets with respect to open source, link to the sources and license

so this is correct can be seen on the website 'Set Info'

for non-existent licenses they share with me please the name and the link to the description
I will add then added so that they are available

Offline Frank

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2016, 10:02:40 PM »
On April 1st 2016 all accounts whose last login were before January 1st 2013 will be disabled.

Mod note: Made the message clearer
~An_dz
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 11:12:26 PM by An_dz »

Online Leartin

• Devotee
  • Helpful: 44
  • !!!!!This user was banned for double posting!!!!!
  • Languages: DE, EN
« Reply #143 on: April 11, 2017, 07:33:24 AM »
Ìs actually anyone still around who knows how Simutranslator works and can maintain the code as Simutrans advances and/or add new features?

There are several new features which probably mess up the part about uploading images - most of all Dat-Shortening, but potentially Alpha-Channel, and that considered patch about case-sensitivity (http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=16855.0) would cause problems too, since it tells people not to care about case sensitivity anymore.
Furthermore, SimuTranslator shows the dat-file and you can even edit the values and save them. It seems a lot as if SimuTranslator was once intended to not only have a language database, but also save all dats and images. Add an export-button or even a 'create pakset'-button and you'd have a genius tool for maintaining a pakset. Except, of course, for it's low speed.

So is there anyone still around who can operate on SimuTranslator and is willing to add new features if needed/requested and would be allowed to do it? Or is it just some ten-year-old software that you can use as-is, but no more?

Offline prissi

• Developer
  • Administrator
  • Helpful: 229
  • Languages: De,EN,JP
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2017, 01:45:22 PM »
The simutranslator will just ignore any image it does not find, but still import the entry. Also it usually only imports (0,0), to save some space internally. It has limitations both in files size and running CPU time, hence it might not be able to upload large graphics.

The generate pakset function is not planned, as it would be very CPU heavy and also it maintains closed paksets. Also I think a proper revisiong system is better for working on a pakset than a database.

Although, I admid a simutranslator that pulls its data regularily from the divers SVNs would be nice to have ... But I think this would require fundamental changes, and until somebody want to invest very much in terms of programming time (and maybe also money for hosting such large files), that will never happen.

And Frankp pays for the server for a long time, and he can (and did) add features and fix bugs. Like the help file preview, the suggestion function and many other stuff.

Offline TurfIt

« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2017, 02:45:24 PM »
How does one get an account on the SimuTranslator?
All I see if the "Contact" form. I've filled it out twice - most recently > 12 months ago now with no response. The promised automated response was never seen either... (Yes I checked spam and trash where such messages sometimes go.)

Offline Frank

« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2017, 03:24:06 PM »
There were and apparently with some mail providers delivery problems.

Offline Frank

« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »
for set admins

The object browser now creates a txt file containing all objects in a set.

Data is the type of the object, the object name, and the note entry.

Offline Frank

« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2017, 05:47:45 PM »
add object type squirrel_text

for texts that belong to squirrel

scriptet ai error messages and so on