News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Some tourist attractions (UFO incident and others)

Started by vilvoh, November 02, 2008, 08:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

As the forum still has problems with attachments, I've taken a break, but today I've come back to work on the pending projects, so here you've the work in progress of Kingsbrigde cathedral and Big Ear Radio Telescope. I've also started working on a tourist attraction for pak.Brasil (<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corcovado">Corvovado's Christ the Redeemer</a>)
I've added all the windows and I've added the fachades on the sides.

I've added a road to access to all buildings, and I've resized all buildings to pak64 scale.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Spike

Very impressive already :) Looking forward to the finished work.

VS

Seconded. I feel like stealing some of these goodies for 128 and crossing the border before Interpol is able to react ::)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

vilvoh

vilvoh

The modeling stage has finished. I won't add more details to the fachade, so it's time for textures..but before painting it, here you have a preview of the cathedral in several scales and styles..

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Michael 'Cruzer'

Very nice! Is that a comic stile church (the image right above)?
Would there also a edition for 192comic?
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

vilvoh

Yes, although I'm not an expert at comic style so I can send you the graphics sources in case you want to add the final details.

Michael 'Cruzer'

Quote from: vilvoh on June 24, 2009, 03:09:44 PM
Yes, although I'm not an expert at comic style so I can send you the graphics sources in case you want to add the final details.

Yes that would be great!
Thank you, vilvoh
Founder and Ex-Maintainer of pak192.comic. Provider of Simutrans Hosting rental service.

vilvoh

Ok, I will send you the files to the mail account that is at you forum profile.

This is a preview of how the pak96.comic version would look (It's not the final version)

sojo

Michael 'Cruzer'

Very, very, very nice!
Thank you, I've received the mail!

I think you will find the cathedral in the next pak192.comic version!

vilvoh

I'm glad you like it. I only try to spread my artistic creations between all paksets... ;D

vilvoh

WIP of the Big Ear Radiotelecope.

I think there's enough space to place another small antena at the back left side

vilvoh

More WIP from Big Ear..this time, some in-game screenshots of the model with textures..looks really good, doesn't it?  :)

The Hood

vilvoh

Silver, it's a work in progress so it's not finished yet. be patient my friend, it will be ready in a few days... ;)

Spike

Quote from: vilvoh on June 30, 2009, 08:57:27 PM
More WIP from Big Ear..this time, some in-game screenshots of the model with textures..looks really good, doesn't it?  :)

Very nice indeed. I like it :)

vilvoh

Finally, I've finished the Big Ear. I added an extra antena, several trees and bushes, and the fence. Its chance is low, so probably it won't appear often, one or two by map as much. The intro date is 1951.

vilvoh

I'm now working in a new tourist attraction for desert climate: archaeological remains of dinosaurs..
what you see it's suppose to be fossil, but the scientifics are not completly sure, yet.

prissi

The Hood

sojo

Very nice!!! At which time you paint a dino-park with real dinos? Of course animated. :D

vilvoh

Silver

It would be brilliant the piece jam where the cars and the T-Rex  ;D :D :P

vilvoh

are you trying to tempt me? or are you challenging me? ::)...I dare to paint it...  ;D

edson

Vilvoh look at my Cathedral, need help to finish it, could you? I need the correct template for it!

I use Google Translate ;D

vilvoh

I would say it's a 3x1. I'll check it this afternoon, but I'm not sure about the scale. It's the Notre-Damme cathedral, isn't it?

The Hood

@Edson - is that from a blender model?  If so would you mind if I could have it to use in pak128.Britain? (It would need re-scaling and probably best to re-render it using the pak128.Britain settings on my setup).  It looks really good...

edson

No, not used to Blender, I am doing testing with Google SketchUp, I am getting good results with it, look at a more expanded version of the Cathedral:

I used Google Translate ;D

The Hood

Oh OK.  I think it is possible to export sketchup models into something blender can read though.  If you are happy for your model to be used in pak128.Britain (with modifications) and be open-source, I'd be very interested in it once you have finished.