News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Recent posts

Bug Reports / Re: Distribution of goods on o...
Last post by Andarix - March 26, 2024, 06:07:13 AM
Simutrans r11099
pak64.german 0.124.0.0.1

There still seems to be a problem with the oil field (focus when loading) in this game. The connection to the refinery was rebuilt but no oil is being released.

The oil rig is in the center of the map.
Patches & Projects / Re: Use Fontconfig for font au...
Last post by prissi - March 26, 2024, 05:55:23 AM
Mingw cannot use fontconfig when built with cmake. And it should be added to autoconf makefile builds too as well as too the libraries.

Otherwise this is very helpful ... Thank you
Patches & Projects / r11101 expanded numberinput
Last post by prissi - March 26, 2024, 05:47:50 AM
I would like to revert r11101. To me, the now extremely wide numberput boxes look very ugly and the tiny number is almost lost in them. And the arrows are very far apart for easy mouse changing.

Bug Reports / Re: Distribution of goods on o...
Last post by prissi - March 26, 2024, 05:09:41 AM
Maybe because the oil rig belongs to two stops (excluding the trivial errors like overflowing input storage). A test game would help with debugging. The German link has expired.
Community Discussion / Re: Absence for gardening and ...
Last post by Isaac Eiland-Hall - March 26, 2024, 02:00:44 AM
Vulkan is probably easier than Romulan, though. :)
Last post by isidoro - March 26, 2024, 01:28:58 AM
Not an easy language indeed.
Now I'm playing with Vulkan.
Quote from: Ranran(retired) on March 16, 2024, 06:28:41 AMAs my update plan, the cargo list is currently grouped by goods, but I would like to add a new tab grouped by route. And it has a player filter.
This is why the cargo list currently has only one tab.
It could take some time, and I thought the update was good enough at this stage, so I decided to submit it.
I proceeded with this task.
In the newly generated second waiting cargo list, waiting cargo is listed by route from the station.
Players will be able to see more clearly which direction cargo is waiting for.

This concept is the same as posted in this thread.
https://forum.simutrans.com/index.php/topic,22890.msg206596/topicseen.html#msg206596

In the cargo list by route, each route is separated, so unlike the first tab, station numbers are displayed.
Usability will be further improved since convoys and lines can be accessed from the waiting cargo list.

If the via option is selected, the cargo list will be divided depending on the direction even if the line is the same.
For example, in the image above, in the mixed goods train, freight bound for Marygreen and freight bound for Casterbridge are displayed separately.

The second tab has different filter options than the first tab.

They are the player filter and the waytype filter.
This allows players to extract only the information they need.
This could be used to alleviate congestion and provide more appropriate line management.

This is a major UI overhaul, and I think it is necessary to carefully check whether it is working properly.
For example, is cargo properly distributed by route? Are there any cargoes that are not displayed?

You can test this update on the 2403-halt-cargo-list-plus branch.
Bug Reports / Distribution of goods on oil r...
Last post by Andarix - March 25, 2024, 06:48:30 PM
Simutrans r11099

https://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-view_tracker_item.php?itemId=6 sorry german

There is the problem that oil platforms seem to only deliver to one customer, even if there are several customers.

This is problematic in multiplayer games when several players want to deliver to different customers. Even though the customer has no oil, nothing is given to that customer.

The problem probably has to do with the fact that the stop is public.

Although 10m³ is available, it is not released to the ship.

oel_rig_.png

It would be nice if someone could take a look at this problem.
Last post by Roboron - March 25, 2024, 03:10:13 PM
Hajo next winter: Announcing Simutrans Rust Edition! 😜
Community Discussion / Absence for gardening and lear...
Last post by _Hajo_ - March 25, 2024, 03:01:31 PM
With Spring comes the start of the gardening season, and I'll spend more time on that during the next months. Also I'm trying to learn a new programming language, Rust. My training project is FUSE filesystem for Linux, which is something I wanted to try since a long time. It's got such a  nerdy coolness factor to work on a file system, even that the world surely doesn't need another one. There are plenty and good ones for Linux. The Rust language core is very interesting too, teaches a lot about data flow, and how to avoid data related problems.

Gardening and learning Rust means that my Simutrans related activities will slow down or stop for a while. Unless something else pops up which I urgently want to work on, I expect to return to Simutrans work in autumn or winter.