News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

place cities in a new map

Started by lennon81, May 05, 2017, 10:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lennon81

Hello, this is my first post, thanks in advance for your help.

I'm really interested in creating a Milan-greater Milan map. I see it's full of tutorials to make accurate heightmaps, but I really can't find the way to place cities and industries. How to do it? Is it possible not to have "random" cities next to each other?

Thanks again!

Combuijs

Hi and welcome!

For placing cities and factories, change to public player (in most paksets that's a button with a P+ on it). Now there will be an edit map button available. Press that and a new toolbar comes up with lots of options to place cities, factories, attractions, increase/decreate inhabitants etc.

If you start a new map with 0 cities, no cities will be generated (no surprise there I guess). Same for industries.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

lennon81

Quote from: Combuijs on May 05, 2017, 11:51:07 AM
Hi and welcome!

For placing cities and factories, change to public player (in most paksets that's a button with a P+ on it). Now there will be an edit map button available. Press that and a new toolbar comes up with lots of options to place cities, factories, attractions, increase/decreate inhabitants etc.

If you start a new map with 0 cities, no cities will be generated (no surprise there I guess). Same for industries.

Thanks. So, if I change to public player then I can save a map and share it? 

An_dz