News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Weight limits for rail/road?

Started by Spike, January 24, 2011, 02:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

@sdog
in simuconf.tab, set "enforce_weight_limits=1"

@james
10 settings doesn't seem so bad.

Vehicle weights would need to be kept for acceleration behavior, but this seems to be much simpler than an axle load number. Either would require another line in the depot display anyways. The best part is, a lot of the locomotives are already categorized.

I think roads would only need 3 or 5 settings, since all trucks and buses must fit within specific limits that are set by the department of transportation (or whatever it's called locally).
Early vehicles would get 1 to 3, while current vehicles would get 3 to 5
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

jamespetts

Hmm - it seems to me to be more complicated, rather than simpler, to have actual weight as well as a weight category. Vehicle weight and a weight limit is both more realistic and more readily comprehensible, I think.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

colonyan

For those who know the numbers well might find it harder to assign weight class a new.
My proposal was from the player side point of view where they have no knowledge about the
vehicles details. As I noted, visual aide to obvious weight class information must be present to
what I propose to be truly effective.  

paco_m

prissi

Nothing as I am still playing tetris (RL edition) to unpack boxes and assembling IKEA cupboards and the like from my recent move.

jamespetts

Quote from: prissi on January 24, 2013, 11:30:53 PM
Nothing as I am still playing tetris (RL edition) to unpack boxes and assembling IKEA cupboards and the like from my recent move.

Does the RL edition come with the same theme tune?

Edit: Perhaps it does if you go here...
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

greenling

Hello paco_m
In simutrans exp gives the Weight limits for rail/road and there work it.
I Self have test the Weight limits for rail/road in Simutrans Exp with Self devlopment addons.
It was in the Beginning very hard to understand it.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!