News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

SMSC April 2011 Edition: Scenic Bridges

Started by vilvoh, April 01, 2011, 05:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vilvoh

Welcome to a new edition of the Simutrans Monthly Screenshot Contest. The April's topic is Scenic bridges, therefore show your large, double or alpine bridges. Anything with pilars and cables will fit.. ;D

Rules

• Only one picture per user
  • Picture max size: 800x600
  • Available picture formats: png or jpg
  • Topic: Scenic Bridges
  • You may use any pakset you want
  • Zoom is allowed.
  • Please indicate if it's from a real game or not.
  • Please include a short description and mention the pak you've used.
  • You can upload the picture to an image hosting service like imgur, imageshack.us or photobucket and then post link to the image here.
  • The nomination period ends at 16rd April. Then, we'll make a poll to decide the winner(s)

Prize:

A mention at Simutrans Hall of Fame, compliments by the community and one post including your picture in the official blog.

Have fun!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

IgorEliezer

;D

Mod note: please do not tease Administrators and Moderators... :::)
~vilvoh

Admin, Mod, Devotee, Ordinary member note: lol. Anyway, the pics can still be visited here;D
~me

vilvoh

IgorEliezer

Quote from: vilvoh on April 01, 2011, 06:21:58 PM
:::)

You forgot to say the screenshot must be actual screenshot taken from the game, not painted. ;D

Lmallet

Bay Bridges

Two trains crossing Bay Bridges.  From my real game with pak128.Britain.

alexbaettig

I've got one too. It's called "Alpine Bridge". It's form a real game and it's pak128 with some addons…
I hope that that link is fine:

http://img339.imageshack.us/i/alpinebridge.jpg/

diegoviagens

PACK: 128
year: 1912

this is a real game. Started in the 20th century, from
the year 1910. This is a humble railway bridge
linking the state capital to several towns. This
rail extension is also composed of two intersections and
has two overpasses in your mesh.
The railroads Brazil S / A is a state company and
owns 100% of its shares in the ministry of transport.
Brought much innovation to the state, since the
travel in this period could be made only in
steamboats or in carriages.
Simutrans - Orgulho de desenvolvimento no Brasil.

visit my site:www.andersongama.webs.com

mEGa

Hi,
My proposition :
A traditionnel french landscape in real game pak128 using french addons.
See a typical railway viaduc crossing by another traditionnal piece existing in 50-60 : unified railcar X3800, nicknamed autorail Picasso

good enjoy and good luck to all competitors ;-)
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

IgorEliezer

oh! my pictures were banned. What an outrage :o

buskind

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
http://img855.imageshack.us/i/scenicbridgebuskind.png/

Cross Mannheim
Pak64
This high-frequented track-cross is located between the most populated cities in my game, Frankfurt and Mannheim.
Taken from a real game.

gwalch

My contribution :

"Bridges before Macon's Station"
Made with pak128 and some SNFOS addons (maglev by Gauthier, Citadis tramway "Le Mans" by me...)
Part of my real game ;)
French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

vilvoh

gwalch, would be possible to remake the screenshot without the cursor icon in the middle?

Spacethingy

Here's mine! I thought of a cool rail bridge, but it had mysteriously been demolished. Planes are so much more profitable in Pak64...  :-*

Pak64, a real scene:

"An ICE Through the Ice"

http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Icey_ICE.png

Sorry about the dodgy links! Serious brain failures...
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

Combuijs

QuoteI thought of a cool rail bridge, but it had mysteriously been demolished

As mysteriously as the link to your picture has been demolished?  ;)
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Spacethingy

Quote from: Combuijs on April 09, 2011, 03:39:04 PM
As mysteriously as the link to your picture has been demolished?  ;)

Whoops, sorry. Important things, rules, y'know...  :-[
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

gwalch

Sorry, i made a mistake on my picture (thanks Vilvoh to see it ! ;)).
A new version of my participation :

"Bridges before Macon's Station"
Made with pak128 and some SNFOS addons (maglev by Gauthier, Eurostar by Fefe, Citadis tramway "Le Mans" by me...)
Part of my real game

French Elements Creator :
-By Rail with trains and trams : X3800 Picasso and BB36000 Astride - trams from Nantes, St Etienne, Strasbourg, Montpellier, Lyon, Bordeaux, Le Mans, Reims...
-By Road with Trucks : Main painter for the "french trucks company", with trucks from 50ies (Willeme "Squale Nose") to 2000 (Renault AE500 "Magnum) and a lot of trailers... and with Trolley and Buses : Irisbus Cristalis, Man Lion's City, Irisbus Magelys...
- Industry : Collaborator for french food with Wine and Cheese...

VS

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

Lmallet

alexbaettig

Maybe it could be that we only see it as empty but infact there is a picture with 1x1 pixels... that's however what I see in the title...

cfds

I want to throw my hat into the ring. A game started with a Nightly after 102.2 using the standard pak64. It is taken from a real game at the intersection of two principal railroad tracks (also traffic is [still] low).

[Edit]I decided to take a new Screenshot without the menus in the image. I also waited for some trains and planted a few trees. Link to original image: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6122/simscr13.png

sdog

Mod note: Split off a derailed discussion.

Here's a link to an explanatory screenshot cfds posted:
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2273/simscr20.png

uci

"Deep Valley" - pak128 + some addons
Crossing high mountains by train. Scenery includes a road
to timber plantation along a river, few old buildings and forest.
Not a real game.

VS

I'd like to submit a vertical image, but is that actually allowed? In case it is not, I'll give a fallback here, too... (to indicate good will, I cut the images to 599 px ;D)

Point spaghetti
This is a potential future chokepoint, where two passenger lines converge and one crosses the cargo network. Lack of grown trees hints at extensive terraforming in the past, too...

Pak128 latest nightly, no addons, real game

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

electroduck

"The Grandmaplex" ;)
Real game
Not a "real" thing (no routes serve it, made for decor only)
Sorry about how fuzzy it is, the image size constraint is why
Pak
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

dom700

Hi, wanted to take part too, with the following screenshot

"Main line bringing bridges to the edge"

It's from a real pak64 game, and the trains you see are also totally normal. 15 trains on this screenshot show high traffic in total and on every track (Yes, the 8 tracks mainline is also at times suffering overload)

electroduck

:o Wow dom700 can you post a save maybe? I would love to see all those trains in action, and see how your network prevents jams with so many trains!
EAT BASE 64!
$TXkgbmFtZSBpcyBlbGVjdHJvZHVjay4NCllvdSBjYW4gdmlzaXQgbXkgd2ViIHNpdGUgYXQgaHR0cDovL3d3dy5lbGVjdHJvZHVjay5jb20vDQpJIGxpa2UgRG9mdXMgYW5kIFNpbXV0cmFucy4=

IgorEliezer

Quote from: dom700 on April 13, 2011, 07:44:33 AM
Hi, wanted to take part too, with the following screenshot

You are most welcome. :)

EDIT:

LOL, seems Mr. Vilvoh fake-banned my fake-screenshots of my fake-bridges. But, if someone still wants to give a glance at my fake-bridges, there's an fake actual link here.

sdog

vilvoh

I fake-saved the fake-links to the fake-images, thus don't fake-worry...

dom700

For electroduck and whoever else is interested, here:http://www.eckental-brand.de/dom19.sve is a link to my savegame, the screenshotted area is about a screen to the left.
Warning: 2048x2048 map, 27 MB, 1450+ vehicles, danger of heart attack upon loading :D

Magpie

Hi,
I added my contribution too:
This picture shows a series of rail and highway bridges over the bay, that allow the main rail backbone and to cross the water.
The scene is from my savegame: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6135.0
Pak: Pak128 standart
http://img151.imageshack.us/i/simscr09.png/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

vilvoh

The nomination period is over, we'll start the poll tomorow.