News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Shades version 6.0

Started by VS, February 08, 2010, 07:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VS

Hello,
after all these beta versions, here is finally a stable release.

DOWNLOAD - version 6.0, ~600 kB

What's new since 5.1? Quite some changes, that hopefully streamlined the interface a bit.

• Area mode was removed.
  • Modes were removed, everything is now a tool.
  • All tools can be cancelled.
  • Brush tool for removing special colours was added.
  • Some old data were removed, resulting in much smaller download.
  • External editors were removed altogether without replacement.
  • The bug when adding backgrounds failed is fixed.
  • Fonts can be customized with translations (better compatibility with non-latin scripts)

What's still missing? Just update for German translation.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Quote from: VS on February 08, 2010, 07:08:24 PM
What's still missing? Just update for German translation.

I heard that.  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

Well, no need to hurry ;) Or maybe yes? I'll probably release some 6.1 soon, if only to put its new guts under some serious testing...

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

DirrrtyDirk

Don't worry, I won't hurry - since I forgot how all this worked... need to look if it's still on my old computer, otherwise I'll need some help in getting me started again, I fear.  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

VS

What's going to be in new release: I took a serious look at this and reduced memory usage... a lot :P

vilvoh

I was wondering what were the memory requirements for the current version? 2 GB? :::)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

VS

Nah, only about 30 MB on regular basis and up to 150 with really xxl sized images. I left out background generation until it is used. By the way, window size also matters...