News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

City info dialogue

Started by Max-Max, September 29, 2013, 12:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max-Max

So Homeless and unemployed decides how likley it is that the next building becomes a resident or a factory, but what does the numbers mean? Is it number of people in the city?
How are these numbers calculated? What is generating Homeless and unemployed people?

Homeless sometimes goes below 0, for example -10. Does this mean that there are 10 vacant residents?
What is triggering the construction of a new building? I guess it has to do something with these two numbers...

The two maps, are they showing destinations based on this city's needs, or is it the needs of all cities?
- My code doesn't have bugs. It develops random features...

Ters

One map shows destinations citizens of this city wants to travel to, the other map shows were those wanting to travel to this city are from. That's how I understand it at least.

Max-Max

In the help file it says that the left map is last month and the right one is the current month and it shows passenger and mail destinations, but it isn't clear on if it is from this particular city or destinations for all cities?
- My code doesn't have bugs. It develops random features...

Ters

I don't have a runable Simutrans at the moment, so I had to write from memory. If what I wrote doesn't apply to the maps, then it applies to the colors in the map. So the maps should both be for the one particular city and all cities at the same time.

prissi

The maps show the current (so it is changing while watching) and the last months passengers and mail destinations. Unhappy are orange and no route are red. Hence only yellow passengers did actually travel. There is no way to see the destinations of travellers form other cities.

Fabio

These maps are too small to be really useful.
They should be at least scalable, or a single, bigger one with two (or more) display options.
It could also have a big tab, one page for graphics and one for map and map options (e.g. also location of this city in the world).

prissi

You can show these in the wolrd map as overview if a city has been selected. (Sigh, help file for minimap ... )