Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Trains stop loading cargo after some time
« Last post by Ters on Today at 06:07:38 AM »
Or rather than wait for growth, you can build a steel sub-chain manually. That requires hooking the industries together with contracts.
DrSuperGood has already mentioned that, but we are not (just) addressing the problem of replacing entire vehicles. For trains (and perhaps trams), modifying existing vehicles is also an issue. Having them scatter to depots all along the line isn't the easiest way of dealing with that. Having them all go into no-load mode at the same time might not be ideal either.
I agree with you.  So, I provide a new option for this feature.

In the schedule list window, there's a "terminal" button.
You can set any stop as a terminal and as many stops as you want.
I recommend setting a stop near depot as terminal.

When you press "All Go Home" button, convoy show status "go home after terminal" and after reaching the next "terminal" stop from the current schedule.

If there's no "terminal" stop, convoys will go to depot directly.

However, there's an issue.
- passangers who want to go to a stop after the "terminal" are sent to depot too.

Here's my plan to solve this.
- Do not load passanger who want to go to a stop after the "terminal" when "All Go Home" button pressed.
- Unload all passanger at "terminal" stop to prevent passanger sent to depot.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Maximum framerate
« Last post by Ters on Today at 06:05:18 AM »
My understanding from the other thread is that you can get more frames, but it won't appear much smoother. Until at one point stuff breaks down.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Creating or destroying cities and jobs
« Last post by IgorEliezer on Today at 04:20:01 AM »
Kind of tangent:

Correct me if I'm wrong, factories get a  "production boost" with workers from the cities (and energy from powerlines), don't they?

It is not like destroying city buildings will make the factories stop for lack of workforce (I read somewhere the factories were designed as if they had workers of their own living there inside -- oh that's dark) but that would affect them to a limited degree as a loss of productive potential.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Creating or destroying cities and jobs
« Last post by Leartin on Today at 03:54:37 AM »
Aha... so simply building city roads will do, the city expands on its own from there. Thank you!

The city expands even without roads, as it can build it's own roads. Building a road network beforehand is a trick to get a road system more fit for public transport, often in a grid.
Considered Patches / Re: Low FPS & CPU/GPU usage
« Last post by TurfIt on Today at 02:11:48 AM »
Set the desired framerate in simuconf.tab.
The settings menu having a 25 limit is yet another oversight...
The patch here could still use some refinement.
Simutrans Help Center / Re: Trains stop loading cargo after some time
« Last post by TurfIt on Today at 02:06:13 AM »
Need to complete the production chain through the final end consumer - Shopping mall in this case.
The Goods factory is full of Planks and accepts no more. Need to also supply the Plastic and Steel to allow production of Consumer Goods, and then transport the Goods away too.
But there's no Steel connected to the Goods factory (likely because map too small), so this chain cannot function until industry growth occurs and hopefully gives the needed steel.
Bug Reports / Re: Waiting vehicles enter in an intersection
« Last post by TurfIt on Today at 02:00:37 AM »
The trivial removal of halfway stops and image realignment does indeed fix this specific problem. Do so and I can see the next complaint bug reports now on vehicles jumping as they pivot about their front bumper and hang their back ends out jumping sideways at every corner.

The simple single vehicle facing and linear position on each tile doesn't allow for 'nice' vehicle movements and stop positions in all cases. To look proper while cornering, the vehicle must continue straight until it's midpoint is over the tile boundary, then change facing and start moving in the new direction. The current alignments provide for this, albeit with the stopping position problem, which is much worse on some badly misaligned vehicles as shown in the OP.

Adding greater than tile-by-tile granularity to the facing and positioning of vehicles would be nice, but lots of work IMO. Could fulfill the requests for >1 convoi per tile perhaps too...
Alternatively, instead of eliminating the halfway stops in stations, extend them to stop halfway at intersections too. Currently the problem with this is when the vehicle checks for a clear tile ahead, sees one, and starts to move, it's still a halftile away allowing another convoi to steal the intersection. So, reserve the paths through intersections. The previously discussed intersection_t object to control path reservations with multilane roads would fit the bill. If the OTRP patch is to allow non-highway type constructions, it's required anyway IMHO to prevent no_cars_blocking() from becoming even more unmaintainable.
Simutrans Gaming Discussion / Re: Customizable fees per transport
« Last post by MirceaKitsune on Yesterday at 11:06:16 PM »
Perhaps, that would make more sense in a competitive environment, such as in multiplayer.

But, in that case, or even when playing alone, one has to model how ticket prices affect usage of the lines.  And that, maybe may lead to simulate economy in the game as a whole.

Actually the idea came to me in singleplayer; I noticed that one of my buses kept producing negative income, so I thought to myself "if only I could make this line a little more expensive, perhaps I could fix that". Oppositely some stations were getting too few passengers, so I also thought "it would be cool if I could reduce the price to encourage more".
Simutrans Help Center / Trains stop loading cargo after some time
« Last post by MirceaKitsune on Yesterday at 10:50:00 PM »
I'm noticing something very strange in one of my worlds; After a certain amount of time passes, trains will stop delivering cargo between two different location! I'm not touching anything to cause this... when a certain date is reached, the train will simply no longer load. I looked at the properties of the buildings, yet they do not indicate running out of any material either.

I'm attaching my save (multi-volume archive due to forum limits, extract both parts in the same folder then open as a 7zip) (backup link). It contains a train that's waiting in a station, refusing to load any more cargo after having worked successfully. The train on the line parallel to it currently works, but if you wait for a few months it too will stop delivering. Both of the trains are the ones seen at the sawmill in this screenshot:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10