News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Page views in November: 1 MILLION

Started by Fabio, December 04, 2012, 03:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabio

I Just noticed that last November, for the first time in the Forum history, we exceeded 1 million monthly page views, 1,096,183 to be precise.

Hooray!

An_dz

Wow, impressive number. Simutrans is growing.

IgorEliezer

ALL HAIL TO 1 MILLION!!!

Let's move it to Praises.

colonyan

One million? Really. Its far beyond my expectations... Good news!

Sarlock

1 million!  Wonderful news!
Now for 2 million...
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Zaphod

I think there's a very large audience for Simutrans who don't really post even though they read the forums all the time ;)

3rd post ever!

Fabio

Well, welcome on board Zaphod!

Never to late to join the forum craze... 8)

IgorEliezer

Quote from: Zaphod on December 11, 2012, 12:19:04 AM
I think there's a very large audience for Simutrans who don't really post even though they read the forums all the time ;)
Maybe, because they still haven't felt like posting a help request or participate in the discussions.

Anyway, Simutrans was downloaded 15,500 times during these last 7 days. This proves that the majority (nearly 99%) just download and play the game, and perhaps follow the forum as guests, only a few crowd would register for a forum account.

sdog

15k is rather impressive.

Are those numbers real, or is it possible they are some kind of artefact?

I wonder, with more than 15k players, why isn't there more demand for game-servers?

IgorEliezer

Quote from: sdog on December 11, 2012, 02:49:29 AM
Are those numbers real, or is it possible they are some kind of artefact?
Well, I can't answer here. The stats came from our sourceforge page, I could assume they have some kind of protection, dunno.

Sarlock

This is a fairly normal statistical occurence: 10% of downloaders probably play the game more than a couple of times and of those 10% will become semi or fully active participants in its future development... and there's your 1% rule.  It seems to apply in many aspects of life.  And it only takes 1% to make truly amazing things happen.

Still, 15k downloads in 7 days seems like a lot... I wonder how many of those downloads are from real people?
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

greenling

Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

prissi

The sourceforge number is probably rather underestimate, since it does not count Linux users which usually get Simutrans via their distribution since ages. On the other hand anybody updating Simutrans is another downloader. Also downloads viw the installer may not fully count.

In the end the total number of downloads was always 15-20% of the TTD/OpenTTD community (due to a commercial base back then). They have their own server running an get some million per year (and release every month). As such 300000 per year via SF sounds realistic.

IgorEliezer

Page views in February 2013:  1,014,945

An_dz

Phew. February generally is a month with few visits.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I think if we included a couple of tools from the extension requests that add SimCity-like features.... we might really blow things out right now. hehehe