News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Track/road length counter

Started by Emil Sawicki, March 11, 2013, 11:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emil Sawicki

I think it would be easier to build the tracks on the stations if I can read track length whilst building it. It could be showed together with the expected cost of building. Thus player can spare some money, because of no necessity to cut the track if build too far. Is it possible to add?
Simutrans 123, Windows 10

IgorEliezer

I think someone suggested something like this.

Design mode
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=6448.0

I'd like, at least, to be able to draw "sketches" on the map, take measures and plan out stuff before actually building.

Anyway, I support it.

captain crunch

Some days ago I made a patch to show me the length of new to be built ways/way objects in the tooltip.
One needs to add the translation of "length: %d" to <lang>.tab to get it translated.

Ters

Interesting. I would never have imagined the need for such when building stations. (Mine are at most six tiles long.)

jamespetts

This is a very interesting idea. It may well be particularly useful for Simutrans-Experimental, especially runways, for which specific aircraft have minimum lengths. For Experimental, the length in tiles will need to be translated to meters, but this is not difficult to do.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

prissi

captain crunch

Very much appreciated. Just one oversight, I missed to include the function prototype in simtool.h, for which a patch is attached to this message.

prissi