News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

What a fantastic game!

Started by lukesleftleg, January 08, 2009, 01:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukesleftleg

Hi.

I've been a player of TTD for years, and have more recently lost a significant amount of hours to Locomotion.

I've actually known about Simutrans for a little while, but probably like most ex-tycoons, I found the initial learning curve rather steep. However, about a week ago, I realised that I couldn't face another hundred year challenge on the same map (again), and resolved to give Simutrans another try, and I must say I'm very glad I did.

I just wanted to say hello, and I thought it would be appropriate to make my first post one that thanked the team.
Nice one guys.

Thank you very much for all the hard work you've all already put into this.
The week I've already spent on the game had bordered on the casually obsessive, and I can see that the extra complexity is only going to lead to many more hours in front of my computer. :)

Also, I have some experience with programming and graphics.
I'd like to see about contributing myself at some point, but give me a little while to get my head around the subtleties first. :)

I really like pak96 as well. This was the other reason I made the transition to Simutrans when I did.
I'll post something in that forum as well, but it already makes Simutrans even more unique than it already is, if such a thing is possible.

Anyway, hi.
Luke.
Pleased to meet you. :)

sojo

Thank you very much for your praises.

Do you mean pak96.comic? It give a pak96 (hand-drawn) too.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

lukesleftleg

Hi, sorry, yes. I meant pak96.comic. :)

I can't seem to get the handdrawn one to work yet.