News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Scenario Scripting error in nightly (because of soft slopes)?

Started by benste, March 19, 2014, 10:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benste

Hi, using the latest nightlies i occured a strange error (attached screenshot and savegame)

I suspect its related to the new softslopes. Please have a look at the savegame and try builing a road50 tunnel from 222,232,3 to 221,232,3, ultimately to 220,234,2 - but in my game the first step already crashs the game.

using latest nightly 112r7096 and pak128.open.r1391 i could reproduce this error even though the screenshot is from an older version

Check this for the screenshot:
http://ubuntuone.com/0fbzfWCjwuANvl06L0ga0V
and this one for the savegame
http://ubuntuone.com/2NWWTQ3q3k9zQFXkAz5dP5
(if anybody knows where to upload them to keep them for the forum archive pls feel free to upload the files somewhere else

Dwachs

Will check this. Does the script only produces an error message (it should still be active afterwards)? Or does the program really crash?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

benste

The prorgam doesn't crash, i think it continues e.g. i can reproduce the same error and monthly deliveries are still calculated. Nevertheless to be safe i used an older savegame to continue.

btw. since the latest revision of simutrans nightly the streets can finnaly use the regular slopes again - if you look at the map it looks very weird because the revision i used before only allowed softslopes ...

Btw. (not related to the bug) is there gonna be a way to build a bridge which only ends 1 level and not 2 levels higher ? - e.g. from groundlevel over some rails ending at a softslope ?

Dwachs

I could not reproduce the error.

Did you modify the scenario script?

Could you try to download the complete nightly archive (including base script files) and try whether this works?

benste

That's weird ... i used
http://simutrans-germany.com/stn/Download.php?d=2427
is that the one you were talking about ?

its the one from
http://simutrans-germany.com/~nightly/simutrans/en.html#_NPaks
saying incl. history and logs
because the regular download there only had one file and was missing all other folders

Dwachs

Quote from: benste on March 20, 2014, 08:44:30 PM
That's weird ... i used
http://simutrans-germany.com/stn/Download.php?d=2427
is that the one you were talking about ?
saying incl. history and logs
Yes, I meant these with 'incl. history and log as zip'.

benste

I downloaded everything again and the problem is still the exact same, actually reproduceable at any tunnel i build one level down and want to continue building ...

(using Ubuntu 13.10, having the gcc4 64bit download simu-linux in /opt

Dwachs

still I cannot reproduce it :/

Edit: minutes after writing the post, I could reproduce it. Should be fixed in r7110.

benste

Interesting ... so what was the problem?
(i do have another which i reported some time ago with the scneario crashing the whole game after some time and rotation used and elevation changes applied. Problem is its not easy to reproduce, but i started always saving the game if i didn't do elevation changes for some time because usualy i know for 90% sure it will crash simutrans :)

Dwachs

Quote from: benste on March 22, 2014, 03:05:02 PM
Interesting ... so what was the problem?
Problem happened if dragging mouse pointer started at a location, where simutrans could not find a tile below. This happens more frequently with the double slopes.
Then an invalid coordinate is passed to a routine that expects valid coordinates.
(i do have another which i reported some time ago with the scneario crashing the whole game after some time and rotation used and elevation changes applied. Problem is its not easy to reproduce, but i started always saving the game if i didn't do elevation changes for some time because usualy i know for 90% sure it will crash simutrans :)
did not saw this bug report. edit: saw it, but forgot to check back. There should not be any problems with terraforming now.

benste

what do you mean by now ? since the latest nightly ? Issue still persistet with the built i tried ...

Ters

Quote from: benste on March 22, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
what do you mean by now ? since the latest nightly ? Issue still persistet with the built i tried ...

Since the nightly with an r-number greater than or equal to 7110, which came out tonight, about four hours after you posted. You need to wait until the day after (European time) somebody says something is fixed, assuming everything is working, for a nightly build to include the fix.

Dwachs

Quote from: benste on March 22, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
Could you post in a separate thread about your problems with terraforming?

The original bug  from the first post should corrected with the latest nightly build.

benste

don't worry about the other bug, its too hard to reproduce .. i'll download the latest nightly shortly and give it a try to confirm it

edit: ok, i doesnt show the error anymore but a notice telling me that the tunnel has to begin at a slope ... i tried both, regular and softslopes going down but none of them continueable on the lower level due to "Tunnels must begin on a slope"

Isaac Eiland-Hall

(Please edit your post if you are the last one in a thread to post and it's been less than 24h - I merged the two posts for you)