News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Pharmaceutical Factories

Started by zook2, October 13, 2014, 02:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

In the 1930s, these factories start demanding chemicals instead of veggies, but don't link to refineries.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report: does this affect only upgraded industries, or does it also affect newly built industries?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

I built a new one in '41 and it wasn't linked to anything (supply or demand), although I don't know if it should link immediately.

jamespetts

Ahh, no, when you build factories manually, you have to link them manually, too. This isn't a bug.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

zook2

But my initial post was about upgrading factories. They are still only linked to arable farms but demand chemicals.

jamespetts

Quote from: zook2 on October 14, 2014, 09:06:17 PM
But my initial post was about upgrading factories. They are still only linked to arable farms but demand chemicals.

Ahh - is this limited to upgrades, or does this apply to new (automatically built) factories?

zook2

A year later:

I think newly built factories link correctly, but these make up only a minuscule portion of my industrial base. I'm continuing my large-map mega-game, begun in about 1860. The year is now 1982 and a large number of factories and shops (ca. 90) are out of business now because of this issue. Pharma factories now demand chemicals instead of veggies but never get linked to refineries. Textile mills, too, therefore car factories, clothes shops and all furniture business. Paper mills, too, therefore the entire print industry. Instances of linking to the correct suppliers during an industry upgrade are very rare.

And one point about the industry mix: in all this time I saw one car factory, one car dealer, two petrol stations and one department store, out of about 1,000 industries on the map. I think these should be more frequently built.

jamespetts

I think that I have found and fixed this issue in the latest development version, although I have not had a chance to test this fully. Thank you for the report!