News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Join game 1 on moblet.servegame.com here

Started by moblet, December 28, 2014, 07:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moblet

Game 1 has just been launched. It uses v120.0.1 with pak64 Basics.

This game has administrators @Fifty and myself and the following rule set:

• Respect other players both on the map and in chat.
  • Repair all breaks to public roads, lakes, and rivers and do not close shipping ways by raising terrain.
  • Your player may be considered abandoned and removed if you appear to be inactive for more than a week without notification.
  • Powerlines are to be built only by administrators using the public player; request power by placing a sign at the splash location. You must be serving an industry before requesting power.
  • No bridges or causeways over water greater than 10 tiles long.
  • No bridges, causeways or tunnels to serve water-bound industries (e.g. oil rigs).
  • No air freight.
There is no set duration for this game. As it is the first full game to be run on this server we don't know how it will perform as the map becomes busier - hopefully we can get a nice busy map.

Enjoy! Post here if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks to @Fifty for the map and advice.

DrSuperGood

Quote•No air freight.
Pak64 does not have imbalanced airfreight. Well it has 1 aircraft that carries packed goods that obsoletes but it is hardly game breaking due to its slow speed (you make more profit sending the goods with a truck or train...). Or are you trying to say "no aircraft at all (freight or passenger)?".

Quote•No bridges or causeways over water greater than 10 tiles long.
So I can bridge over deep water as long as I place land every 10 tiles? And I can make land bridges as long as I do not close off shipping (bridges every so often)? You need to clarify that with something like "no raising of deep water below X with exception of slow progressive land fills for existing city expansion (3 tiles from a city building)".

EDIT:

Lol I remember playing this map last year. It was when the entire bottom of the map was a huge city.

moblet

No air freight means no air freight. Passenger aircraft are fine. It's not just about economics, it's also about not having airports built next to industries.

Raising the land to form a way = causeway. The rule means that you cannot build land-based ways across more than 10 tiles of open water, whether by building a bridge, raising land, or a combination of the two.

I want players who will recognise and happily abide by the spirit of the rules. I'm not interested in making the rules exact and extensive to close every possible exploit - I would rather lose the player(s) who play that way.

DrSuperGood

QuoteIt's not just about economics, it's also about not having airports built next to industries.
No one does that since freight aircraft in pak64 are pretty bad and obsolete...

QuoteI want players who will recognise and happily abide by the spirit of the rules. I'm not interested in making the rules exact and extensive to close every possible exploit - I would rather lose the player(s) who play that way.
If you have a lot of people/goods to satisfy sometimes you look for exploits lol.

moblet

Quote from: DrSuperGood on December 28, 2014, 11:31:13 PM
No one does that since freight aircraft in pak64 are pretty bad and obsolete...
No one who fully understands the pakset's economics and is playing to maximise profit does that. That might cover you but it doesn't cover everyone, including me.
Quote from: DrSuperGood on December 28, 2014, 11:31:13 PM
If you have a lot of people/goods to satisfy sometimes you look for exploits lol.
Of course, but there's a difference between wishing/looking for exploits and physically polluting the map with them.

DrSuperGood

Server appears to have died 3 minutes ago from time of posting.

moblet

Server went down due to a power outage (thunderstorm). It's up again now.

DrSuperGood

Server appears to have died 1 and a half hours ago from time of posting.

moblet

Player Rudi Team - are you still participating in the game? We have active players wanting to do more passenger transport. We will remove you if we don't hear from you or you don't manage your network.

moblet

We've had someone join the game and use their player to break public roads to stop other players' vehicles. As a result all unused players have been locked. Post here if you wish to join the game telling us which player you want and we will send you a password.

DrSuperGood

moblet

Back up now. I'm starting to wonder if there's a routine interruption to the power supply here in the wee hours of the morning.

moblet

moblet

Company H-Trans Ltd has been removed.

Both of the above companies have been left unattended.

DrSuperGood

The server appears to have crashed. The crash occurred immediately after I joined with me successfully joining to be met with an instant disconnect. Since then the server has been down.

benjad

strangely enough, my testing server went down about teh same time... but that was because my dynamic IP address changed. 

moblet

Up now.

My IP address is dynamic too. I might have to start paying attention to that.

DrSuperGood

Server appears to have gone down again. This time it happened while I was playing with my client keeping going for several minutes with no commands being processed before I forcefully had to exit.

moblet

Up now.

This new kind of dropout seems to be a regular gig now, occurring at about the same time each day. The game is still running on the server so it's some kind of connection issue. I've assigned a static internal IP address to the server. Let's see what happens tomorrow...

DrSuperGood

Actually I can confirm the server did crash earlier. All progress I made has been lost.

fabiualex

Hey guys, Can i play on the server? I was on the game, and some one tell me that i have to request a player... So sorry for the bad english, i am brazilian and i don't speech english as verry well.:-X :-[
Curitibano, viciado nesse jogo. Sim, eu brinco de fazer Curitiba e refazer e assim vai.

moblet

Quote from: fabiualex on January 09, 2015, 07:43:39 PM
Hey guys, Can i play on the server? I was on the game, and some one tell me that i have to request a player... So sorry for the bad english, i am brazilian and i don't speech english as verry well.:-X :-[
Hi, welcome, and yes, you can join. Tell us which empty slot you want and we will reset the player and send you a password by Personal Message. Carnivale Redux and I (XII) are happy to give you one of our lines so you can get started.

fabiualex

Quote from: moblet on January 09, 2015, 08:52:14 PM
Hi, welcome, and yes, you can join. Tell us which empty slot you want and we will reset the player and send you a password by Personal Message. Carnivale Redux and I (XII) are happy to give you one of our lines so you can get started.

I wish the empty slot 9. Can i change the colors sun? Thanks for the suport  ;D
Curitibano, viciado nesse jogo. Sim, eu brinco de fazer Curitiba e refazer e assim vai.

moblet

Password sent by PM.

Yes, you can change the colours.

DrSuperGood

QuoteYes, you can change the colours.
No you cannot because you cannot change colours in multiplayer. It seems to be a long running bug that changing colours in multiplayer only changes the local colour and not the colour with the server so when you rejoin it is always back to the original colour. I tried this as I wanted a red scheme but it did not work.

All colour changes would have to run through the server admins who do it server side. Frankly that does not seem worth it to me and actually should be pushed as quite a major bug (if only server games were more common so people cared...).

moblet

OK, so maybe you can't change the colours. Thanks @DSG for that clarification.

In this instance "server side" would presumably mean making the changes directly in the game on the server, yes? I'm not seeing anything in nettool that would perform this task.

DrSuperGood

QuoteIn this instance "server side" would presumably mean making the changes directly in the game on the server, yes? I'm not seeing anything in nettool that would perform this task.
Probably a missing feature from that tool. If the server runs with a graphic front end (non-POSIX) you can change the colours there and next time people join they will have the colours you set. Alternatively if you open the save in single player mode, quickly make a modification to colour (good as no passwords) and then put it back on the server the colours will change. At least I think that is what will happen (hopefully colour changes get saved, otherwise the feature would be utterly useless).

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on January 10, 2015, 01:10:17 AM
No you cannot because you cannot change colours in multiplayer. It seems to be a long running bug that changing colours in multiplayer only changes the local colour and not the colour with the server so when you rejoin it is always back to the original colour. I tried this as I wanted a red scheme but it did not work.

I fixed this in Experimental ages ago.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

The colors are locally, since some player may be colorblind and prefer a certain scheme that is already in use.

However, making it global could be done easily too.

DrSuperGood

QuoteThe colors are locally, since some player may be colorblind and prefer a certain scheme that is already in use.

However, making it global could be done easily too.
In this case I would recommend defaulting to global colour mode however also having a "colour blind" mode (default off) which overwrites all global colours with a locally defined/customizable colour scheme for all companies.

moblet

Server crashed about an hour ago while building powerlines (I replicated the crash twice by repeating the same action). @DSG and @benjad, you may have lost some work.

DrSuperGood

I have lost hours of work...

Please enable auto save every month. That would minimize the maximum work lost to 1 month (I think nearly 2 months were lost?).

Also please explain what you did to create the crash. It might be a bug that has not been fixed in nightly.

moblet

Monthly autosave enacted.

The crash occurred building a powerline bridge. I built regular powerlines from 337,340 to 340,340 and from 343,340 to 344,340 and then attempted to bridge between them. Building the bridge you see now worked fine. I'm presuming the presence of the rail line at 339,340 was what upset it.

DrSuperGood