News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Cargo supply stops suddenly...?

Started by wza24, May 27, 2016, 06:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wza24

Hello!

When I connect two industries which supply/demand to each other, everything works fine in the beginning. The vehicles are loading up and delivering goods. At some point without any reason, the supply just stops, although the factory keeps running.
Below is the screenshot link of the situation. It doesn't matter if I have trucks or trains - same thing happens.
https://goo.gl/photos/6cNLkw9aYiKjYgQs8

Any ideas? Or am I doing something wrong?

Ters

The steel mill is filled to the brim and beyond with coal, and can't accept any more. It is also completely filled with iron ore. But it is completely lacking in a third resource that it needs to start production. Supply the steel mill with that, and it will start needing coal and ore again soon.

Spacethingy

Hi wza24! Exactly what Ters said: the Stahlwerk has a limit on how much coal it will store before not accepting any more (which temporarily breaks the industry chain).

You can see that from the information in its window in the "Consumption" area (which is the same for all industries that accept goods). The line of text for each resource that the industry needs has three numbers:

The first number is how much of the resource the industry has in store. The second is how much is currently "on its way" - notice the number 6 corresponds to the 6 tonnes sitting in the waiting truck. The third number is your current problem: it shows the maximum amount of a resource that the industry can store before not accepting any more. As you have more than 368 tonnes stored in the Stahlwerk, it's refusing to accept any more, so the mine doesn't bother loading your vehicles.

Newer versions of Simutrans also have a fourth number (in brackets). This is called the "in transit value" - it's the maximum amount of resource that is allowed to be "on its way" before, again, the producing industry stops loading vehicles heading to the accepting industry.
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

DrSuperGood

JIT2 has a different list of values as well, including the demand buffer. This is JIT1 though so not really a concern.

The problem is that none of the coal you are delivering is being used and so storages eventually fill. The steel mill cannot make steel from just iron ore and coal alone, it needs "scrap"?

Vladki

What pakset is that? All I have played need only coal & iron ore.

Ters

Quote from: Vladki on May 28, 2016, 09:18:44 AM
What pakset is that? All I have played need only coal & iron ore.

It says pak128.german in the upper right corner.