News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Factories don´t fill stops with their produkts.

Started by math254e, May 30, 2016, 01:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

math254e

I have a problem with 2 of my stops. the refinery/oil rig don´t fill the stops with chemicals/oil, but do produce the chemicals/oil.
It could have been caused by 2 vehicles loading at the same time.
I have the steam version.

HaydenRead

Is there a path from the Oil Rig to the refinery?
If there is no path for the oil to get from the Rig to the Refinery, then I think it will not load it into the station.

math254e

yes I have a ship and trucks set up. It worked for some time.

DrSuperGood

The Refinery has had enough oil. None/not enough of its products are being sold so it cannot accept any more oil. Since it cannot accept any more oil, no more oil will be sent.

I recommend you set up a line from the Refinery to the Gas Station to move some Petrol. Petrol should be like oil in how it is transported, only more profitable per unit. Once petrol is being sold to the end consumer you will have a complete industry chain going which will periodically make you profit. Every so often Petrol will be moved from Refinery to the Gas Station and Oil will be moved from Oil Rig to Refinery as more Petrol is made.

Getting the Printing Works chain going as well could mean even more oil is consumed as well as shipping the lucrative Printer Ink freight. That chain needs paper which is made from wood and the produced books have to be moved to a Book Store .

math254e

I have a Printing Works chain going. the problem is that it don´t fill the loading bay with chemicals, so the truks can load it.

Spacethingy

How many books does the book shop at the end have? You'll need to check the entire chain to see if everything is connected up - and if any factory is full of a resource.
Life is like a Simutrans transformer:

You only get one of them, and you can't have it on a slope.

math254e

every thing but the refinery and oil rig is empty or have next to nothing in them.

Spacethingy

That's a bit odd. You might want to upload your save so we can have a look, there's quite a few different in-game things that this probably could be, rather than being a bug. E.g. another suggestion: have you accidentally severed a road/rail/electric overhead line etc. anywhere? That kind of thing has kept me scratching my head my many an hour.

Vladki

The printing works need ink, not chemicals. Your refinery has no contract that requires chemicals as input.

DrSuperGood

The printing works need ink, not chemicals. Your refinery has no contract that requires chemicals as input.
Just noticed its a pak128 refinery and not pak64. In pak128 Printer Works need Chemicals. In pak64 Printer Works need Printer Ink. Sorry for the confusion.

As far as I am aware the factory code all works now. It is almost certainly caused by the way your lines are setup. A save game would be very helpful to solve this.

gauthier

Setting up freight lines is often confusing for beginners. Here are the rules that you have to check so your line can work:

Considering two factories A and B, you want to transport goods from A to B.

Conditions on the factories:
_ A must be supplier of B (you see a link to B in the window of A and vice-versa)
_ If your line has already worked in the past, check that B is not already full of the good you want to transport (in B's window, numbers x/_/y are displayed for this good with x > y)

Conditions on player's line, assuming a direct connection between the two factories:
_ Station A and B must accept goods (in a station's window, just under the field with the name of the station, you see the goods'logo. In pak64 and pak128, it looks like a small pile of dirt) You can make a station accept goods by adding any station building (platform/stop/extension like a warehouse/...) which accepts goods.
_ You have at least one convoy running (out of the depot) which can load the goods you want to transport (bulk vehicles for coal for example). The type of vehicles you have to use is specified in the factories'windows.

If you have a indirect connection between the two factories, ensure that all stations on the way can accept goods and that each line can transport the goods just as explained above.

math254e

line 3 goes from oil rig to dock with crude oil.
line 12 goes from dock to refinery with crude oil.
line 9 goes from refinery to printing works with chemicals.
line 2 goes from printing works to publishing company with books.

The save file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3uwdniob4gla25a/new_12121_w.sve

gauthier

Your printing works don't have paper so they cannot produce books and consume chemicals. You must get paper to the printing works.

Spacethingy

^What Gauthier said. To add to that: factories need to have supplies of ALL their input Consumption goods in order to start production.

math254e

thanks for the help, I got it to work again.

gauthier

Quote from: Spacethingy on May 31, 2016, 06:02:20 PM
^What Gauthier said. To add to that: factories need to have supplies of ALL their input Consumption goods in order to start production.
There's an exception to this: final industries (like malls, ...), they will consume any input goods they get regardless of other input goods.

An_dz

Quote from: gauthier on June 02, 2016, 05:25:00 PM
Quote from: Spacethingy on May 31, 2016, 06:02:20 PM
There's an exception to this: final industries (like malls, ...), they will consume any input goods they get regardless of other input goods.
Not exactly as malls don't produce anything. :)