News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Strange error

Started by accord2, March 08, 2017, 04:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accord2

I think it is related with signalling, since it only started when I started using signals in my railway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu71wu8ohva2x7i/error.png?dl=0

I have no idea of why it appears. It shows up at diferent situations, when two trains go to the same platform, when a train reverses at the end of the line and sometimes when a train reaches an one train staff cabinet (those strange boxes). Maybe I am doing something wrong?
Son of a railroad man,  growing up in train stations, lover of trains

Junna

Shouldn't crash either way. You should upload the save game at a time when it is about to happen for debugging.

accord2

Quote from: Junna on March 08, 2017, 05:31:11 PM
Shouldn't crash either way. You should upload the save game at a time when it is about to happen for debugging.
But I have no way of knowing when it happens :/

Junna

Does it occur randomly, in what span of time? How frequently? Probably good to upload it anyway.

jamespetts

As Junna indicated, I will not be able to fix this without a means of reproducing it reliably. Could you upload a saved game in which this can reliably be reproduced? I should be grateful.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

accord2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybhdn234iqh7krf/Elsingstoke%2017.7.sve?dl=0

I don't know why it happens, so please put it in fast-forward and wait. I thought it was because I had two trains using the same line with a staff cabinet, but when I removed the second train it keep happening. Most possibly it is caused by the staff cabinet, but I am not sure.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this: I fast forwarded to November 1831 and it did not crash.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.