News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Platform Issue

Started by NoMorePacers, August 24, 2017, 03:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoMorePacers

I've noticed something very strange with the platform:

The two platform ends on the left are as normal, but the two on the right look as if they are meant to be joined onto another platform piece. Is this a bug or is it intentional.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I do not fully understand the issue based on the description; are you able to upload a saved game in which this issue is present?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

I think he means that the platforms usually end in ramps, but the two on the lower left do not.

jamespetts

Was there an image in that post? I am afraid that I cannot see it. I have trouble seeing anything from Imagur, for some reason.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

jamespetts

I see - I think that I understand what the problem is now. However, the part of the code that deals with this is, to my knowledge, unchanged from Standard, and I am not familiar with how it works at all, so it is likely to take me a very long time to work on fixing this. Given that it is only of cosmetic significance, I am afraid that I will have to regard this as a low priority issue at present.

Thank you for the report, however.

NoMorePacers

I see. That is no problem, it doesn't negatively alter the gameplay at all, so it's fine.

Vladki

Is it possible that there is some sort of invisible station tile, next to the two platforms? Perhaps underground? What does info tool say about the tiles next to the platform?

NoMorePacers

The info tool suggests that next to the platforms are just the track.

Ves

I tried download the game and open it. I found the platform you reported, and there is an underground station just benieth it which is probably causing the graphical issue.

It appears that the wrong rotation is used as long as there is the underground platform benieth. However, by extending the platform beyond the underground platform, the correct rotation will eventually be used. If you then delete the extra platform tiles, the remaining platforms will use the correct rotations, solving the graphical issue.

NoMorePacers

Ah OK. Thank you for your help and support. I appreciate it.