News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Legacy vehicles "trapped" in unsupported depots

Started by Rollmaterial, September 05, 2017, 08:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

When replacing a convoy with a vehicle of another traction type, the old vehicle cannot be used again if the depot does not support its traction type.

jamespetts

I was planning to review the depot and replacer systems somewhat when the maintenance features come to be implemented. Is this a critical issue at this stage, or can this wait until then?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Rollmaterial

I think this will be able to wait as there is a workaround (i. E. replacing the convoy manually).

jamespetts

Thank you for your prompt response - this is helpful.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

DrSuperGood

Why not make generic depots that support all convoy types that can reach them? They are depots, and not workshops... Convoys only ever go to depot for replacement, so making them generic has practically no mechanical implications.

jamespetts

Quote from: DrSuperGood on September 16, 2017, 10:07:29 PM
Why not make generic depots that support all convoy types that can reach them? They are depots, and not workshops... Convoys only ever go to depot for replacement, so making them generic has practically no mechanical implications.

The plan is that depots will be used for maintenance as well as just replacement, with which the idea of generic depots is incompatible.

Vladki

AFAIK general depot is possible. It depends on the pakset author's decision. This makes a problem with steam to diesel/electric transition, when you have to sell the cars and buy new ones in another depot. Or is there a way to do it somehow? Rollermaterial, could you be more specific?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk