News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Inserting is broken

Started by Rollmaterial, September 16, 2017, 03:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollmaterial

A vehicle other than one already present in the convoy cannot be inserted in front.

jamespetts

Thank you for the report. I believe that this may well arise from recent UI changes in the depot window - Ves: would you be able to look into this?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ves

Hmm, are you sure?
I just tested on my gui-classes branch as well as the passenger-and-mail-classes on James Github, and there it does work. I do note, however, that some constraints are quite restrictive, so you would for instance need to remove the locomotive etc for any other vehicles to appear.

It do, however, crash for me in random occasions when I mess around with it! :o
It appears also on the latest passenger-and-mail-classes on your Github, James, and to relive the crash, do the following:

* Start this game: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/classes_GUI_vehicle_tests_2.sve using passenger-and-mail-classes on your Github.
* On the station in the view, click on the train on the leftmost track and click "replace".
* Click on different passenger vehicles to append (or insert, if you want, doesnt matter) and you should find that it crashes.

Rollmaterial

Removing the engine doesn't work on the master branch. I only get vehicles present in the convoy.

jamespetts

This is a master branch issue, and I suspect that the issue is caused by the changes in gui-misc; Ves, can you test this on the master branch and see whether you can reproduce/fix that issue there?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ves

Apologizes for this! I must have disturbed something when combining the comboboxes. I will have to look more tomorrow.

However, James, did you have a look on the issue I wrote?

jamespetts

I have not had a chance to look at the passenger-and-mail-classes branch yet as I am focussing on master branch fixes at present, but will have a look at that when I switch the branch back (switching branches takes a non-trivial amount of time, so I prefer to do a chunk of work on one branch before looking at the other).

jamespetts

I have now fixed the insertion failure: I should be grateful if anyone could confirm that the fix is working with the next nightly build (with a date of the 19th of September 2017 or later).

Ves

Oh, thanks! I did not have time yet to fix it. And again, apologies for creating the bug in the first place!