News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Article on Simutrans Tips and Tricks

Started by dannystaple, September 02, 2009, 11:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannystaple

As I have gotten to know (I would like to think) Simutrans pretty well, I have decided to distil my experience into an article of tips and tricks. It is an ongoing "living" document for me, into which, for a while, I will add notes and diagrams. I have plenty more to add as I sort it out.

If you have similar ones to add, there is a spot to add blogs or forum links. I intend to document some of the more complex (and simpler) junctions I have needed to build, and even ones that didn't work so well and why.

Anyway - I give you Simutrans Tips And Tricks - Tips, Tricks and tales from Experience playing Simutrans.
Game Player, game developer and article writer.
Simutrans Game Play Help and Tips

Ormac

Thanks for the Tips and Tricks and the reference to the Starter Guide.

Could you just correct the heading so that Starter Guide begins with capital letters.

Looking forward to what tip or trick you provide next.

Ormac 8)
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com

dannystaple

Sure - why not. I probably should make sure I capitalize all my headings somewhat.

Does anyone have any suitable logo/icon for the starter guide - I may just pop a generic "manual" or "tome" icon on it, but perhaps there is something more suitable.

Ormac

I've just gathered a few possible thumbnails (4) that you could use.

Ormac 8)
Simutrans Reference Material Blog SRM very wet ink
Download Simutrans Reference Material from http://docs.simutrans.com

dannystaple

Hi Ormac, Thanks for that. I think I will pop one of those on with a link to the docs. I had a bit of fun last night with the Contents section - slicing up screenshots of a pak128 game to make a fancy border for it.

Maragil

H./

dannystaple

Sure - you can link to it. I don't mind people borrowing some content from it for the wiki as long as you attribute it and link back to my original. I am still adding to it.