News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

(r2366) Odd build cost behaviour

Started by merry, September 24, 2009, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merry

Hi again,

(r2366 with Pak64-102.0 on WinXP Pro, latest patches & SP)

I note that when building a way on a forested tile, the cost varies depending on how I clear the tile.
e.g. wooden Rail = Cr80
Delete trees = Cr100
Rail built directly onto forested tile = Cr380

Hmm. That does not add up. So I clear the tiles manually and then build, saving Cr200 per tile.
Is this intended behaviour (whole-service contractor charges more than individual separate contracts, for the convenience/speed?), or is it a bug?

Thanks
Tom.
PS again, I could not find a report of this behaviour so far. Please accept apologies if it was previously reported.

Dwachs

Each tree counts! Thus the cost for removing must be paid for each tree separate. On one tile there can be up to 3 trees.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

merry

Hmm. But that still doesn't add up.
I think the per-tree cost is Cr50, so up to Cr150 per tile. But building rail gives Cr300 for each and every forested tile (plus Cr80 for the wooden rails).
So far, doesn't make sense. Maybe someone can advise the actual costs?
I'll investigate further & see what's happening.

Tom.

prissi

Removing trees cost 300, but those are three 100cr signs just each after each other ... watch at the lower line how much money actually disappears.

SInce other function have also this problem, I put them all together in the add_message function: All stuff at the last place will be added together ... Might be also useful for other situations.

merry

Thanks for the clarification Prissi,

One point though: the trees sometimes report Cr100 and sometimes a couple of Cr50. Where do the Cr50 come from (e.g. is it some other obstruction type, like rocky ground?)

Cheers,
Tom.