News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Translations rights for English and/or Swedish?

Started by MagnusA, March 28, 2011, 06:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagnusA

If I put this in the wrong place, feel free to move it elsewhere.

I would like to be able to help with the translations, especially English and Swedish. Both are quite mature and complete, but it seems that they are still lacking some pieces here and there. The Message to SimuTranslator Admins page does not work for me. After I press the send button it waits forever for the server.

My native language is Swedish and I also speak English. I can read German (although slowly). I think I can help with translations German -> English <-> Swedish.

I know I became visible here at the forums very recently, but I have played this game for about a year now and lurked the forums since then. I have read instructions and rules for the translations and am aware of the fact if you don't know how this text is used in the game, do not touch it!.

/MagnusA

prissi

The messages work quite well. But you spammed about 15 messages in less than two days. Normally such an amount of identical messages will be ignored, suspecting a spam script. Even more since you only used your pseudonym and nor your real name.

Please bear in mind that this is a hobby project and everybody has a real live which takes priority.

VS

Quote from: prissi on March 28, 2011, 08:20:15 PM
Please bear in mind that this is a hobby project and everybody has a real live which takes priority.
To expand this a bit: there are more people flagged as admins (and get your message many times), but of those, maybe two people who could actually register you :) So, the delay is probably because they don't have time right now. Who knows... Most probably you need Jonas.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

prissi

I did all the registering last time, and sometimes Frank does.

MagnusA

I am sorry for spamming. Did all the messages I tried to send via the "message to ST admins" page get through? If so I certainly understand you might think I am a spam bot!

From my end of the internet connection I did not get any visible response at all from the simuTranslator web server. My browser just sat here waiting and waiting for the web server seemingly forever (hours for sure). I thought there was a problem with the web server or my internet connection. That's why I tried several times during a couple of days and finally decided to post a message here instead, especially when I saw that others seemed to have had the same problem with that page. From this explanation I hope you believe me that my "spam" has nothing to do with demanding quick replies like I would expect from a commercial service.

Thank you for registerring me despite the (not intended) spam. :) I will do my very best to contribute to the project in a careful way. I cannot code in C++ nor draw nice pictures, but at least I should be able to contribute to the texts and/or documentation. Hopefully the future will be better than this "spam" start...

My real name is Magnus, born 1963, and I live in a small town in Sweden about 120 km west of Stockholm. Until some years ago I worked with software development, mainly scripting and testing. Then I changed profession to business accounting. As for computer games I like transportation games like Railroad Tycoon II, Trainz and Simutrans. Sometimes I also play Capitalism II.

Best regards
Magnus

EDIT 2011-04-03: Removed lastname and corrected RRT version (-> II)

vilvoh

You actually don't need to give all that personal information, MagnusA, would be enough with your real firstname..  :D

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

javavall

Quote from: MagnusA on March 29, 2011, 09:01:54 AM
From my end of the internet connection I did not get any visible response at all from the simuTranslator web server. My browser just sat here waiting and waiting for the web server seemingly forever

This is true. It happened to me too while i was using firefox. When i tried chrome everything went smooth. So maybe its a server-side problem.