News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

"Choose" signals issue

Started by Fraoch, June 01, 2011, 02:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraoch

Hello:

I've just installed multiple train platforms and the "choose" signals work great for these...in one direction only.

Exiting the platforms, there's an issue.  The signals will not allow trains to proceed even when the next block is clear.  They will only allow a train to proceed if the next *station* is clear - and if it's a long way away, that's a long wait indeed.

Is this how they're supposed to work?

I've tried making the signals one direction only, but that makes the rails one direction only so the train can't exit the station - "no route".

TheUniqueTiger

Use the choose signals as bi-directional. Then in the direction of exiting put a bi-directional 'end-of-choose' signal just one or two tiles after the choose signal.

So your setup should be

====(End-of-choose)=(Choose signal)==(branching)===(platforms)

Fraoch

Thanks for the reply.

I don't see an "end of choose" signal - is this an "exclude from platform choice" signal or just a regular signal?

sdog

not all pak sets include an end-of-choose signal.
your first guess about that signal was right:  "[it is] an an 'exclude from platform choice' signal"

pathfinding will not look for a free platform beyond an end of choose signal. If your pakset has them, i strongly suggest to put them to any exit of stations with choose signals. It can prevent some annoying lockups when trains short-turn through station with choose signals and try to reserve a platform on the other side of your network.

Fraoch

Thanks, the "exclude from platform choice" signals do the trick.

I'm using pak64.