News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Way toll?

Started by jamespetts, September 22, 2011, 09:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

Use pak64 nightly and simutrans nightly should give you the experience.

rsdworker

Quote from: prissi on October 09, 2011, 06:49:56 PM
Use pak64 nightly and simutrans nightly should give you the experience.

ok i will look

rsdworker

i had look in latest simtrans - its seems very good way tolls but the costs collected from waytolls are set on main menu
i suggest moving the prices controls to gates screen and also the control of who in and out looks well worked
only problem is connecting the rails which requires public player to put connector between two players

jamespetts

I am currently working in Experimental on a system that allows connecting of ways without using public player, and which also allows players to use other players' stops (with the first player's permission).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

prissi

Why, you should be able to use the make public tool to make your way public. Anybody can then connect to a public way.

jamespetts

Ahh, but, as pointed out before, once a way or stop is public, only the public player can upgrade/delete it. Imagine if players were to connect their rail networks in 1840 in a game in which the public player does not have time to intervene very much: there would be a little chunk of rail with a maximum speed (and, in Experimental, weight) appropriate to the era (perhaps about 70km/h and 40t), which would be completely unsuited to the modern era, and which nobody would be able to upgrade. Likewise, a station made public is frozen in time and can never be upgraded without the active involvement (and expenditure) of the public player.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

rsdworker

Quote from: jamespetts on November 04, 2011, 11:17:02 AM
Ahh, but, as pointed out before, once a way or stop is public, only the public player can upgrade/delete it. Imagine if players were to connect their rail networks in 1840 in a game in which the public player does not have time to intervene very much: there would be a little chunk of rail with a maximum speed (and, in Experimental, weight) appropriate to the era (perhaps about 70km/h and 40t), which would be completely unsuited to the modern era, and which nobody would be able to upgrade. Likewise, a station made public is frozen in time and can never be upgraded without the active involvement (and expenditure) of the public player.

yeah i think its good idea cause i tested that its was hard to setup player lines over each other on single player - the station has be public means hard to upgrade

Dwachs

Quote from: jamespetts on November 04, 2011, 11:17:02 AM
Ahh, but, as pointed out before, once a way or stop is public, only the public player can upgrade/delete it.
This is not true! Try it out! You can upgrade public ways& stations even for password-protected public player.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

rsdworker

Quote from: Dwachs on November 04, 2011, 11:33:30 AM
This is not true! Try it out! You can upgrade public ways& stations even for password-protected public player.

yeah but problem - when i try to upgrade some parts eg wooden platform to brick platform its doesn't upgrade its says requires higher level

so for example if player puts own station but does not want go public but still wants share stations so its needs a permission

so list will look like this in secdule

1 derby
2 birmgham (player 2)
3 london (player 3)
4 birmgham (player 2)

if public stations means no player names next to but (P)

1 derby
2 birmgham (P)
3 london (P)