News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Question regarding the included food addon

Started by Ters, January 23, 2012, 04:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ters

Quote from: prissi on January 22, 2012, 07:49:15 PM
Food is addon, since it is relatively difficult and has not so good vehicle choices.
Could someone elaborate? I never found the food chains any more difficult than the ordinary pak64 chains, nor is the vehicle availability any worse.

Combuijs

There is no cooled goods truck and there is no milk ship, the rest is there, at least in the 1960-2000 period.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Ters

There is a cooling truck from 1962, but I notice now that the dat-file says it only takes fish. But the cooled wagon definitions say they only take food, yet they can carry fish in practice, so I'm not sure how the dat definitions work.

Do milk ships really exist? But I see the problem if a ranch or dairy is generated on an island. I guess the real world solution would be a general purpose ship, or a ferry carrying a milk truck. A reefer ship would be nice, though.

Combuijs

QuoteThere is a cooling truck from 1962, but I notice now that the dat-file says it only takes fish. But the cooled wagon definitions say they only take food, yet they can carry fish in practice, so I'm not sure how the dat definitions work.

Yes, true, but before 1962 there is not any.

QuoteDo milk ships really exist? But I see the problem if a ranch or dairy is generated on an island. I guess the real world solution would be a general purpose ship, or a ferry carrying a milk truck. A reefer ship would be nice, though.

They did (do?) exist in the Netherlands. Just a small boat that could carry milk-cans, nothing spectacular.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs