News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

Income traffic

Started by Johann Linnet, April 09, 2012, 01:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johann Linnet

I am wondering, how does simutrans calculate the income from busses, trains and airplanes.
just one example.  I have 2 airplanes, both same type, going same route, and always full back and forth with no waiting time at all.
One is making money, the other one is in minus, totaly.  and when she lands, it looks like you have to pay more instead of getting payed.

It happends also with my trains and busses, even they are full.  What is the problem here.

sdog

Hello Johann,
welcome to the simutrans forum.

It is a bit too complex to explain that behaviour from your description only. This is mostly as also the route and destinations the passengers took is relevant. For instance the fare depends on the distance between origin and destination, if the way they take takes them on a long detour, you get next to nothing from them.

With buses such behaviour happens a lot in circular lines or lines that do not follow their route in reverse order. Example on a route Going from A to F stoping at each letter, a passenger who wants to get from E to D would have to go the whole route. To F then back to A and ends at E. Filling up your bus, but paying only for the short leg between D and E.

Having to pay for passengers should not happen in simutrans standard, in simutrans experimental are refunds for fares payed in earlier stages, if passengers get massively delayed. I suppose you playe the former though?

If you want an actual explanation of the behaviour you see, you should make your savegame available. Use either simutrans germany for upload or any free filehoster like Dropbox. (This forum does not accept large attachements). Important, please also let us know the simutrans version and the pakset you used.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

(It could also be meant that the line/plane is losing money because of running costs)

Milko

Hello

Quote from: Johann Linnet on April 09, 2012, 01:10:32 PM
One is making money, the other one is in minus, totaly.  and when she lands, it looks like you have to pay more instead of getting payed.

Check also the airport capacity. When the plane can not land because the airport is full, you will notice that the plane continues to turn in the air near the runway, during these tours the plane continue to pay the running costs.

Edit: With capacity I mean the amount of areas for loading / unloading, I do not mean the number of passengers and / or goods.

Giuseppe

Johann Linnet

Well, the airports is full of people, but there is one runway for landings and 2 for takeoffs that i have marked with signs, and a lot of parking space, so the airplanes do not fly in circles waiting for landing or getting to the parking place.

But it is strange that two airplanes on the same route, same type of airplane and one is making money, other is not.

of course it is designed from the beginning to end.. for example,  bus in one city goes to the airport, or the central station as i have done it.

there is airport, train station and buses and the underground if it is a large city.
so passenger from one city to a small town in the other end starts with buss in the local city, then takes a plain, and if it is small city that have an airport, then he have to take a connection flight to there.  then he have to take a buss or train depends on the size of the town that he is traveling to, and in the end maybe buss to the final destination in the city.

the game started well, i had a good profit but then i did see the numbers go down, en more passengers in cue to go to the destination and so i got bigger planes and bigger trains and more buses but it did not mater.

well, i have to find out what the problem is, because this is strange that one plane is making profit but the other is not.   

i can send my savegame if you like, and yes i have a dropbox if you would like to take a look at four your own fun. ;)

Combuijs

Which pak are you playing, and which version of Simutrans (Standard of Experimental)?

I can not imagine things like this can happen in Simutrans Standard, but in Simutrans Experimental it might be different (though it should not make much difference).

Edit: and yes please post your savegame somewhere plus add-ons if necessary.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Johann Linnet

i am using beta version 111.2 and running 128 pack.

where is the savegame files saved.. windows 7 user.

Combuijs

In your personal "Documents" folder in a sudirectory "simutrans" in a subdirectory "save".
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Johann Linnet

hmmm, there is no folder called simutrans in my documents, or in my userfolder in users.

Found Simutrans folder in program files, but no save folder or any data that could be savegame.

Milko

@ Johann

The planes were introduced in the same period? Simutrans shows the profits of the last period. The last period may also be a time equal to one year (I do not remember how long until the past is recorded). If the plane that shows loss of money is the first one you put in the line may be that the first plane trips that were made ​​with low passenger load (when a new line has just been created only a few passengers .. ). If the accident that occurred is what I just described after a year of service the planes of both their profits should be approximately equal.

Giuseppe