News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

How can I help with icon improvements

Started by deadkid, May 14, 2012, 05:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadkid

Hi,

I am new player of this great game and I find the icons does not look very well to my taste and I want to create a set of icons out and hope it can be used for one or many pakset.
Where can I get the list of icons currently in-use to work upon?

Deadkidsong

vilvoh

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Fabio

Prissi, I think he wants to replace the UI menu buttons, not the game icon...

deadkidsong

Quote from: vilvoh on May 14, 2012, 07:02:25 AM
Hi deadkid, welcome to the forum.

You can start by modifying the png files from http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/simutrans/pak64/other/

They are files I want but they are not all. Icons in the sub menu like road construction is not included.

The most important thing is I need to get a list for all the icons in pak64 (which is the "base" pak, am i right)
I am doing it myself, I just wonder if any developer has such a list?

Then I need to know the format of the image file:
As I guess, icons are all 32 by 32 px large. But is there restrict to the color palette to use? And other stuff an icon creator should be aware of?

Combuijs

QuoteThe most important thing is I need to get a list for all the icons in pak64 (which is the "base" pak, am i right)
I am doing it myself, I just wonder if any developer has such a list?

You will find other icons distributed in the directories of pak 64. http://simutrans.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/simutrans/pak64/]. Usually there is one icon per road type, track type, extension building etc. and you can find in the *.png files. There is not fixed maintained list. Every add-on for way or special building must provide its own icon.

QuoteThen I need to know the format of the image file:
As I guess, icons are all 32 by 32 px large. But is there restrict to the color palette to use? And other stuff an icon creator should be aware of?

They are not necessary 32x32 pixels, in theory this could be different for every pak. In practice though you will find that every pak uses 32x32, except maybe pak32.comic. All colours in RGB are allowed.

There is a "standard" that in necessary cases (stations, extension buildings) there is an indication if it enables good, passengers and/or mail.

Good luck!

Edit: hyperlink went spectacularly wrong...

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs