News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Road chose signs not working

Started by Junna, January 29, 2016, 10:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

Road chose signals seem to be totally broken and useless at the moment; not sure if this applies only to standard-pak or if it is also the case for Britain-ex.

jamespetts

I have split this topic, as each bug needs to be reported in its own thread.

Would you be able to test whether this is a problem with an Experimental pakset and, in either event, upload a save in which the problem can be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Vladki

Try building it in the opposite direction. I think they are not displayed correctly. I have fixing the british roadsigns for left hand driving on my long todo list ;)

Junna

Traffic trying to leave here wait for the road to clear until an intermediary red light. These plentiful chose signals I placed there were an attempt to see if it would help; it changed the situation nothing. The one-way road and the chose signal was there to see if the chose signal into the area was responsible, but the vehicles still won't depart, limiting it to 2 vehicles on the service.

Seemingly random one-way signals act to player vehicles as if they were railway signals, and the vehicles will wait until the entire segment to the next (seemingly randomly chosen one-way signal behind a junction) is entirely clear of player vehicles.

jamespetts

Thank you for your report. A brief test has shown that road choose signs appear to be working in at least a basic configuration. Can you give me more details as to how reliably to reproduce the problem whereby road signs are incorrectly treated as rail signals?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

Well, vehicles will stop at road signs (one-way, road gates, etc) as if they are chose signals whose destination is occupied. I'm not sure what exactly determines this, because at times it happens, and in other situations, which are as far a I can tell similar, it does not. A vehicle might encounter a one-way sign and stop at it for example. When it tries to depart (always on departure) from a road station that has bays and chose signal, it will tend to wait as if the block is occupied, etc.

jamespetts

Have you a saved game in which this can be reproduced?

Junna

http://www.mediafire.com/download/axlh8k9dmei13lh/Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.2J.rar

pak

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qed43yiez3fjafi/ders30.rar

save

In August, 3 vehicles will depart Trumpdale Mail Centre. One vehicle will be stuck (should be vehicle 1633) as if it is waiting for a clear signal, though the exit is clear.

jamespetts

This is very odd: this is not related to the choose sign, as that does not apply when the vehicles are exiting the stop here. The problem also seems to resolve itself after a short time, too.

jamespetts

I am currently reviewing old bug reports and I notice that this one appears to have no reported resolution. May I ask whether this can still be reproduced?