News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Sliced view oddities

Started by Junna, July 28, 2016, 11:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junna

I no longer seem able to change level, either by the short-cut, which doesn't work any more, or changing the number displayed in the display setting menu, which cannot be changed nor selected at all; clicking anywhere on it only selects or unselects the sliced view tool. The hotkeys do not respond.

DrSuperGood

Might be useful to post what build and OS you are using.

Junna

Compiled from the latest updated dev build, Win7.

NoMorePacers

If you've compiled from the latest dev build, then it's most likely a bug. It does say that it isn't fully stable, so a compiled Experimental dev build is essentially the same as a Standard nightly build, in that it will have plenty of bugs.

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this: remember that the hotkeys are { and } (i.e., SHIFT + [ and SHIFT + ]) in Pak128.Britain-Ex.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

I even changed the hotkeys to be sure, but no matter what, they don't do anything. It is weird also, that changing the other numbers work, but attempting to click the number in the "display" setting for sliced view level only toggles the sliced view on and off; the number cannot be selected nor changed.

jamespetts

Have you tried this with the version of Pak128.Britain-Ex from Github? I know that you use your own version of this, and the hotkey/menu settings are pakset specific. It is hard for me to think of how our versions might otherwise differ so as to give rise to different outcomes.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Junna

I haven't changed those, but yeah, they act the same. ( and ) given as the relevant keys, simply bring up the list. The number can also not be hcanged in display settings.

jamespetts

I am not sure that I follow - what act the same as what? I note that you have typed the round brackets, not the curly brackets; is that an error or did you intend that?

Junna

Settings show )(, round brackets, as the key for changing height in sliced view. {} does nothing either.

Act the same -- the same way as my compiled pak, with a unaltered pak britain.

Clearly related is the fact that I cannot well click the arrows in the station information window to open the line manager. This works occasionally, but only like once in six-eight clicks. Other times, it is unresponsive. Clicking the line in convoy window however works without issue. The arrow for stations connected by lines is similarly unresponsive. Clicking it works occasionally.

jamespetts

I think that I have fixed an error with using the display GUI, but I still cannot reproduce the issue with using the hotkeys, I am afraid. Do you care to re-test?

Junna

Well the hotkeys still don't work, but at least the numbers can be manipulated now. What about the station line display, that cannot be clicked to open line manager windows, similar to what was wrong with the display UI?

jamespetts

What do you mean by the "station line" display?

Junna

The "lines serving this station" (also any line-less convoys) in station window. The arrows that should open line manager for the specific services behave oddly and frequently are unresponsive.

jamespetts

I cannot reproduce this one, I am afraid, as the arrows seem to work for me.