News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

crash while saving

Started by kittens45, August 22, 2016, 08:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kittens45

_bulding already bound to city fatal error when saving resulting in CTD

jamespetts

Thank you very much for the report, and welcome to the forum.

To help me to track this problem down and solve it, it would assist to have a little more information. In particular, what version of Simutrans-Experimental are you using, what pakset (and version) are you using, and in what would one need to do to reproduce this crash reliably?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kittens45

I am using Simutrans-Experimental_160802_9659782 and pak128.britain-ex-0.9.2_160629_0f8a75f

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce this. Are there any particular conditions in which this consistently occurs?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

kittens45

jamespetts

Does it crash every time that you try to save any game, or only in some instances? I am able to save games without it crashing, which is why I am not able to reproduce this.

jamespetts

In that case, there must be something different about your setup compared to mine such that it crashes on saving for you and not for me. Did you compile the code and pakset yourself or download one of the already compiled executables?

Ves

That definitively look like one of my builds! The executable has the commit starting with 9659782 an is compiled the second of august. The pakset ha the commit starting with 0f8a75f and is compiled the 29th of June, so some rather old builds.

kittens45

Quote from: jamespetts on August 25, 2016, 09:27:33 AM
In that case, there must be something different about your setup compared to mine such that it crashes on saving for you and not for me. Did you compile the code and pakset yourself or download one of the already compiled executables?

downloaded it

jamespetts

As Ves notes, you seem to have an older build. Can you try updating it?

kittens45

did do that and still got on me on that one particular save

Ves

Could it not be that the savegame got corrupted in some way? Can you load the savegame but not save it again?
If the savegame is corrupted, I dont think there is much to do about it.

jamespetts

You refer to "that one particular save"; is it no longer the case that it crashes on every attempt to save no matter what?

kittens45

Quote from: Ves on August 28, 2016, 09:20:23 PM
Could it not be that the savegame got corrupted in some way? Can you load the savegame but not save it again?
If the savegame is corrupted, I dont think there is much to do about it.

that's the case

jamespetts

Can you upload the saved game so that I can try to look into it?

kittens45

jamespetts

jamespetts

May I ask for the link to the file so that I know which one that it is to enable me to download it?

jamespetts

I am afraid that I cannot reproduce any crash here: loading the saved game, re-saving it, and then re-loading the saved game all work without problems. I should note that there is a point a few seconds after loading the game when it becomes very slow for a while as a town/industry chain battles with the very limited remaining space on that map to try to expand, but this is not related to saving/loading, and is also not a crash, as the game will become responsive again if one waits a minute or two.