News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Pak96 port?

Started by Android, January 27, 2011, 04:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Android

Android has been opening its door to more and more ways to port classic and new games to this SDK.

I got a chance to play OpenTTD on a android device and the whole time i was thinkin about simutrans!

QuoteThere's just first release of OpenTTD for Android. I am not an author, just wanted to inform anyone interested.
OTTD is Open Source port of 1995 game: Transport Tycoon (Deluxe) with some more or less modifications and support for addons (*.grf files).

There was just first release to Market.
Android port based on libDSL. Source code available

Please mind that it is first release, therefore:
- it might be full of bugs or possible incompatibilities. Don't expect all working perfect. It is more like 'test' version to see if it can be done and how playable (or not) it will be
- game was not designed for small screens with high resolutions (Strongly encourage to install this Big GUI addon from configuration menu when you start game)
- it is not official openttd.org release therefore it is not supported, any issues send to the market release author (or post here, I will try to help you)
- the game will download 20MB of additional files to the card/internal memory, you can download it manually from here (the latest *data archive, possibly *lang if you want, *lowmem file for less memory usage but no in-game sounds/music) and this file, install/extract all files to /sdcard/app-data/org.openttd.sdl

A goal to port simutrans ( pak96 ) to android not only would bring more people here, but it open the market up to new players who would never knew about this wonderful game!

vilvoh

Simutrans has been already ported to Iphone and there's a package at maemo repositories so maybe you can start from there. Good luck!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Fabio

nice! this is a must!
I wish you the best luck with the project, and I think I'll download the app when ready :)