News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

How to make buildings not being replaced?

Started by Foxglove, December 03, 2011, 05:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxglove

How to make buildings not being replaced? I mean, if some cute building has been built, and I dont want it to go away when city will grow, I can buy this building in Simcity 4 and building wont be gone anymore. Does Simutrans has any ability to do the same?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

This ability exists in at least some paksets. Poke around the special building tools menu, if the pakset has one. :)

Foxglove

Severous

Does not cost much.  But does have an ongoing maintenance cost.  Not usually a problem.

Once in a small low profit map I brought 80+ plots. Nearly made me unprofitable.
Regards
Sev.

wipi35

Click on the cityhall. In the now appearing window you can switch off  citygrowth for this particular city.

AP

Why is it that in-game, the purchase cost isn't the value of the building? Say the description says a building is worth $60,000 dollars. That's what it costs to demolish, in game, but not to buy. Why aren't they the same?

Also, if I buy the building, and pay mainenance, do I get rental income as well? I mean, buying up skyscrapers should yield high-value corporate office space giving a return on any investment, right??